DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like a lot of you guys have the jet stream. is it worth the money, did you notice anything, what did you think of the product.

thanks nick

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i had one, didnt notice a thing, to me, sure wasnt worth 45 or more dollars for dang sure.

·
Plotting 2 get in tha 12s
198 Posts
I gained .5 to 1mpg on the highway with it, but in the city it's not noticable. If u do some highway driving and have your intake cone right by your passenger head light u should get it!

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
First road trip after installing it, I saw nearly a 2 MPG increase. It's at it's best when on the road. I'm running a few degrees warmer than stock due to my billet grille, but I think the Jet_Stream gives back what intake air I may have lost from the grille swap.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
I didnt notice a big difference, but the jet-stream makes since. I havent really paid to close attention to my fuel economy lately.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
I have one and i love it!! And for only $45, its one of those mods that you cant pass up. How can putting more cool air towards your filter hurt you??

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
What about guys with stock air intakes? Any benefit-i guess ill find out just ordered the Jet Stream along with the power wire. What about the power wire-any noticeable gains or complaints?

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now correct me if i am wrong but the power wire tricks you computer into thinking it is 20 degrees cooler, now will this effect me since i live in alaska and how hard is it to install the power wire?

thanks nick

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
nickd907 said:
now correct me if i am wrong but the power wire tricks you computer into thinking it is 20 degrees cooler, now will this effect me since i live in alaska and how hard is it to install the power wire?

thanks nick
Install only takes about 2 minutes and anyone can intall it. As for using it in Alaska...I probably wouldnt use it in the winter, but it will help you in the summer.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
nickd907 said:

thanks nick
By doing that, it advances the timing/runs a little richer. Too much timing or too rich, is a bad thing.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
I have a homebrew intake, scoop and powerwire and I feel a big difference from stock on my 6. Besides when you paint the scoop to match your truck it looks bad ass behind the oem billet grill.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
maka said:
I have a homebrew intake, scoop and powerwire and I feel a big difference from stock on my 6. Besides when you paint the scoop to match your truck it looks bad ass behind the oem billet grill.
I noticed you live in NY do you think i will be OK with the winters we get up here using the power wire?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
ramman1 said:
I noticed you live in NY do you think i will be OK with the winters we get up here using the power wire?
Doesnt seem like it would be that bad for it. Your truck will only run better. It takes not even a minute to remove just if you want to feel secure. Its a really good mod.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.