Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Equipped with Wilson Manifolds Performance Products
Sep 7, 2007By: Press ReleaseDodge at Off-Road.com​

FT LAUDERDALE, FL – Equipped with Wilson Manifolds performance products, the Jesel Land Speed Team built 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab recently set a new C/BMP Class record at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The big Dodge set the record at 248.69 miles per hour and had an official top speed of 255.95 mph. The Dodge Quad Cab is now the world’s fastest pickup truck
The Dodge Quad Cab is equipped with a Wilson Manifolds ported intake manifold with EFI conversation. Feeding the Jesel Valve Train built 357 CI Dodge R5P7 NASCAR type engine equipped with twin turbos is the Wilson Manifolds 105mm high flow billet throttle body fitted to the company’s designed and engineered 105mm billet elbow. The Wilson designed ultra high flow fuel rails with large 11/16” ID are engineered to feed high horsepower applications like the 1,545 hp @18 pounds of boost produced by the Dodge engine.

The Dodge 1500 Quad Cab is equipped with the SRT10 Aero Package that helped the truck set the C/BMP Class record and official top speed.

For more information please contact Wilson Manifolds, 4700 N.E. 11th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334. Phone 954.771.6216 or visit our website, www.wilsonmanifolds.com

Seems the engine is a 357 nascar type engine,twin turboed with 1545hp on tap.

I believe this is the truck I had pics of last year under the hood and If I can find it I will post it.Found the pic below,and was before twin turbos installed and going not quite as fast yet.:D

Attachments

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...thats one fast truck Brian!!! wonder what it runs in the 1/4?...lol

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
ramcrazy said:
And it's a 2005 QC!!!! :D :D :D :D
Yeah why would they pick a heavier QC or a RC?

·
Undercover ninja
287 Posts
sca said:
Cool! I think it is a QC for the longer wheel base and better high speed stability!

Werd. :)

·
TWEAKED 4.7
4,390 Posts
m37boblee said:
Not a Hemi, just a hopped up 360.

LOL like your hemi is faster or something HAHAHA "just" ? :huh:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was at Bonneville last month.
Got to watch time trials on the salt.
It was awesome.
I have lots of pics.

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
I would love to go to the salt flats and watch them go for the land speed records.

That is one awesome engine bay on that truck. And 206mph isn't bad with a NA 357ci small block.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
so i take it the banks dakota doesnt hold the record anymore? sweeet.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Thats doin it big!

KB

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
i think there is finally a ram out there, that if it had some higher gearing and some BIG slicks that it could finally pull the front end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.