DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can be had for close to $600, that's quite some savings compared to over $1k pioneer or alpine units. Just wondering if this is too good to be true. Anyone have any experience on it?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cxXAySsplGc/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=110VM9410

Jensen's VM9410 DVD/CD player offers plenty of sought-after mobile video features at a price that won't break the bank. It features a retractable, motorized 7" monitor that acts as both display for your movies and system control guide.

The receiver is designed to be the brains of your mobile video system's operation. It offers audio/video inputs for more gear, such as your favorite video game console. If you hook up a backup camera, you can even set the screen to switch over to the rear view when you put your vehicle in reverse.

An audio/video output (plus an extra video output) lets you take advantage of multi-zone entertainment. Read more

Details:
» DVD receiver with built-in amplifier (13 watts RMS/40 peak x 4 channels, CEA-2006 compliant)
» 7" motorized, retractable widescreen monitor
» display angle adjustment
» joystick control and rotary volume knob
» plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+Rs, DVD+RWs, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, MP3 discs, Video CDs, SVCDs, and picture CDs (JPEG format)
» 5 preset EQ curves
» audio/video input
» backup camera input with automatic screen switching
» audio/video output
» secondary video output
» multi-zone mode
» front, rear, subwoofer, and center-channel preamp outputs
» AM/FM tuner
» 18 FM/12 AM presets
» two wireless remotes
» frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
» DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
» FM sensitivity: 9 dBf
» warranty: 1 year

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Went to your link, and Jensens site...........wonder why they do not spec the THD of the unit...............must be close to 5% like all the other Jensen product.

You get what you pay for IMHO

·
Registered
72 Posts
... i think they know their amp is not the best. i'd expect anyone to be buying this to be using external amps anyways no?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Clarion isnt anything to compare against lately. I think they had one of the highest return rates for warranty repairs.

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
alloy171- I ordered one on Monday of this week.. I'll be getting it tomorrow and most likely installing it tomorrow as well. PM me tomorrow sometime if you want to know the results..

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I think it was Andy (on here) that has one and he likes it, and will prolly reply. IMO, it looks pretty good for the money, it just doesn't have some of the fancy features that the higher $$ ones have. It's prolly the way I would go if I was in the market for one.

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
BTW, after talking with Andy and reading his post(s), he was the one that convinced me to go ahead and get it/try it out. I'm not looking to spend over $1000 for a TV for my truck.. no need for it. This Jenson looks just fine, has the features I want, and will do everything I need it to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.