DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be as detailed as I can possibly be with this. Problem is actually telling what is going on.

Problem 1. My D did not come with fog lights. I installed a set of Mopar factory lamps and switch myself. They've worked fine since then, but about a week ago, anytime I switch on my bright lights, the fog lights still work, but my headlights go out completely on both sides. Parking lights are still on when the high beam in enabled. I have two wires that are *not* connected anywhere. A blue with black runner and a solid red. It seems like I originally did this so that the fog lights would run even when the high beams are on. However, I don't have the instructions anymore, so I'm not sure where they are supposed to go. Regardless, it's worked fine without those two wires connected until now.

Problem 2. EVS II installation. This time all wires are connected as stated in the instructions. The "brain" is programmed (through selector switches on the board) for chirping when armed, automatic arming after a minute and instant alarm when tripped.. basically, all four selectors are in the on position.

Did as the instructions said. Check wiring, connect negative battery terminal back up, plug in two-way and 18-way connectors, turn key on, replace fuses in EVS connector, turn key off and press lock and unlock on key fob.

Problem is, it doesn't chirp or arm when locking or unlocking. It basically will arm itself whenever it feels like it... after 30-60 seconds or so. Unlock does not disarm and does not turn off the alarm when set off. Locking apparently doesn't disarm either. However, occassionally it will arm itself without input from me (it does this whether I have it programmed through the selector switches to automatically arm after one minute or if I switch it to manual arm only). If the alarm does actually trip, I can only reset it by turning the key on and hitting the override button. Seems like the valet button doesn't want to work either. It either is off completely, will flash quickly twice and quit or stays on constantly. On the rare occassion the alarm decides to arm itself on it's own, it will do the constant slow blink like it's supposed to.

Help? :help: My D is torn apart inside from where I haven't mounted anything permanently yet and I really need to get it back together. :bawl:

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
1) sounds like hi/lo sw is bad
2) you bought the evs new?

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to try switching back to the old stock light switch and see if that works. The original didn't have fog lights obviously. I hadn't even considered the switch considering it is less than a year old.

Yep, the system was new (at least six months ago when I bought it... I'm just getting around to installing). First time installing something like this too.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
I'm talking about your hi beam sw, not the parking/headlamp sw.
6 months? hopefully you have at least a 1yr warr.

·
Backwoods Hillbilly
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think the EVS is defective? That would be about my luck lately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.