DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First mod was bags. Haven't towed with them yet. After much reading here I've learned the wd hitch set up will be set up for sure and really not using the bags as I thought.
I'm still learning and want to make the best I can with what I have and adding to the set up will drive me to a bigger truck and diesel. I'm hoping to keep my 08 around though. Its paid off next month!!
Working with figuring out the ratings of everything and will load it up and weigh it all. After figuring that out is where I fear the next will be to much for my set up. Its an in bed over cab camper.
This is how I've been towing it a few times. Flame away
I know better now.
Tow mirrors, brake controller and rear brakes are the goals for the weekend.
I'll look for pics of the camper

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the camper.
I'd need to figure out tie downs and how a wd hitch would work with the extension. After working all the rating #'s.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raining on my parade.
1st world problems I can't install stuff I've bought on my truck because there's to many toys and benches in my garage to pull the truck in.
Fought thru the mirrors had to wait once with heavy rain. Work time was about 20-30min.
Has to be the easiest door panel I've worked with.
I'll have to get some time in on the mirrors the picture is way different the non towing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got the plugs done yesterday. Should of gotten more done buuut I went riding for a bit and did a lil mowing. I gotta say I didn't miss changing those. My chest and ribs hurt like hell from the washer bottle mostly. I need a big foam pad. It was due those plugs looked like crap gap was .055-.065 on what was left of the electrode. Changed them last at 40k I'm at 97 and some change now.
Today the egr ,plugging the tyre (huge ass looking screw in it),putting my centers caps back on cleaning and washing some stuff and hunting down the sway bar bolts.

·
bwilson316
1 Posts
New to site

Hello!
I'm new to the site and have no idea how to post question or get advice about a problem i'm having with my ram. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello!
I'm new to the site and have no idea how to post question or get advice about a problem i'm having with my ram. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Find the category of your question and start thread asking it by clicking on new thread starter.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swaybar back on,didn't find the bolts had to go buy some, egr replaced, tyre plugged, emissions test past. Rear brakes came today. Didn't wash it all yet.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need to make videos and take more pictures.
Rear brakes and e-cable done last week and installed the wd hitch.
I also installed a strapless stand in the trailer.
Now I just need to load everything and find some level ground to set the hitch up. Doesn't look all that hard now that its on. I had made it so in my head for some reason. Still a little bit of that left with doing the set up. I fear my truck is to tall and will need more drop and I think a box on the trailer frame might be in the way of the bars. All of which can be fixed its just time to so and get it sorted that I'm worried about.
I leave thurs night.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello!
Did you figure it out?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aaaaand done its turned into me talking to myself.
I tried
I'll come back in ck in later in the summer or something.
sad day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts