DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big D 318
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who's interested...this is my first visit since April 2008...suffice it to say that my life over the past 20+ months could best be described as "Interesting"...

Well, my 1999 Durango (affectionately called "Big Red" by my daughters) just turned over 200k miles last week, and she runs just as well as the first day I purchased her - a testimony to running "Synthetic Oil" full time!!! Not to say I haven't incurred some unexpected repair costs along the way for 2 water pumps, both front bearings, numerous brake jobs, belt tensioner, new starter (what a pain in the butt that was to replace!!!), etc., etc., etc., but all in all, she's a great truck!!! This spring, she gets a thorough cleaning, full maintanence and all new fluids, and we'll see if we can get to 300K!

My how things have changed since my last visit...the Germans at M-B finally convinced their parent company to sell Chrysler (sibling rivalry run amok!!!), the "New" Chrysler failed, and now I find myself driving an "Italian" SUV!!! Well, at least I have the proper color; "Diablo Red!" I just hope that I can still get replacement parts.

Considering some new mods or upgrades this spring...I really like the headlamps on my Mazda 6, and am thinking about getting upgrades for Big Red...the crystal clear replacements are no longer crystal clear due to all the high speed runs up and down I-95. Also considering some LED taillights...hoping the lower power requirements will help reduce my "Carbon Footprint" (LOL)...and, of course, they look pretty cool, too!

Finally, we've had a hell of a lot of snow this year, including a 22 inch storm a few days before Christmas...needless to say, it has been a blast running around in 4WD...I love my truck!!!

Bill

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
Welcome Back

·
Big D 318
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I like your pics. How do you like living in Oregon?

Bill

·
Big D 318
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well don't I feel like an idiot?!!! I should know better than to make that mistake; I have family in Toronto. Sorry about that!

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Welcome

·
Too much violence
3,892 Posts
welcome back !

·
Big D 318
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8