Registered
365 Posts
That is exactly why I don't live in Arizona. :VHOT:
Besides that, my fro would melt.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yet another good reason why they call it "The Great DESERT Southwest"

Got a buddy from Phoenix who was just here in Atlanta for training - all the trees and overall 'green' freaked him out. :cool:

Mike

·
Hemi Driving Pastor!
67 Posts
Yeah, man! But it's a DRY heat (but so is an oven)! Hey, this is our payback for no snow. If it was nice year round, everyone would want to live here!

I had an interesting thing happen yesterday: Changed to a K&N drop-in and got on the freeway in Tucson enroute to Phoenix. NO A/C! I stopped at a dealer and he confirmed the status...told me to just turn the engine off, let it sit for a minute and start again. I did, and heard the compressor kick in and I was back in business. The service guy said there is a software issue that causes this and there was no fix for it right now. Interesting, eh?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Padre Dave said:
Yeah, man! But it's a DRY heat (but so is an oven)! Hey, this is our payback for no snow. If it was nice year round, everyone would want to live here! QUOTE]

Father Dave,
No snow here at the beach today either and it was a scorching 77 degrees. A/C worked fine when I finally put the windows up. We're hoping that this "heat wave" will subside and are looking forward to our normal 72-75 degree weather in the next few days. (and months)
KK

PS: Just kidding! I have a business and house in Quartzsite, AZ. ( see http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/vacapics.htm) and my business partner lives in Lake Havasu so I'm there a lot too and I know what you're talking about. KK

·
Registered
19 Posts
what is that below the temp? Mines never said anything like that. Mines always cd# and song#. I have info turned on on the deck, and it shows the song title (It's the only CD I have loaded, it's an MP3 cd). Is that a song title? If so, is that only with regular audio cd's, or did you have to change a setting that I didn't happen to find?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stereotypt said:
what is that below the temp? Mines never said anything like that. Mines always cd# and song#. I have info turned on on the deck, and it shows the song title (It's the only CD I have loaded, it's an MP3 cd). Is that a song title? If so, is that only with regular audio cd's, or did you have to change a setting that I didn't happen to find?
That is the channel on my Sirius radio station, displays the channel number and name of the station classic rewind is classic rock.

·
Registered
410 Posts
armadillo said:
Took this photo in the Magnum on the way home from work - Arizona in the spring time. :cool: :VHOT:
I feel your pain! We've had record breaking temps. here in Vegas as well. It's amazing to see the tourists from the cooler parts of the world walking the strip, by the end of the day they look like lobsters!

Public Service Announcment: When the temprature rises over 100 deg. F 1) stay inside 2) turn your thermostat down to 72 3) have plenty of beer in the refrigetator!

Seriously, and as simple as this sounds, but it happens every year here in Vegas where somebody doesn't follow these simple rules, Do not leave kids or pets in a parked car, drink plenty of water, and use sun screen!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just had some family visitng from Chicago. Took them out last night and they were sweating and kept complaining how hot it was here in Miami... at a balmy 82 degrees.

They were in shorts and t-shirts and I had on heavy jeans with two shirts and never boke a sweat. LOL! Northerners. :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
wow 112 dry heat or not way to hot for me

·
Registered
401 Posts
Vegaz, I like your style my friend. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.