DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put BBK headers on my truck. Everything went fine until the driver's side hooking up the exhaust to the header. The problem i had was that the exhaust pipe was at such an angle when it met with the header the header bolts would not like up with the flange. So, i didn't really want to drill the flange holes any larger because i was concerned that it would weaken it. So i just got smaller diameter bolts and used nuts on the header end instead of threading it though. This made the bolts angle enough to slide the flange up the exhaust to connect to the header. My concern it on the nuts it kind of resting against the header with some pressure because of the angle that it is at. Is this ok or is going to end up making a hole through the header over time?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I would find out why this happened first! But what you did can work using washers and grade 8 bolts w/ nuts, as long as it don't leak. If its just a little off it will work. a hanger or something must be off in back somewhere ,I would check. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.