Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left:

right:

got the new torsion keys put in and the shop said the gave me 2 inches of lift, but when i got home it was only about one...went to get truck aligned and they were able to get a total of 3 inches of lift in the front, but now i think the cv angle is too much...do you guys think i need to drop the front down some?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

side view of the truck...also had an add a leaf in the rear installed

·
Searching for an Avatar
30 Posts
I wouldn't put that angle on mine - seems a little on the extreme side. On the other hand, I see alot of people at your height with the same approach, so I can't say one way or the other if it would hurt. Do you have any vibration issues?

P.S. Truck looks great.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BlueThunder said:
I wouldn't put that angle on mine - seems a little on the extreme side. On the other hand, I see alot of people at your height with the same approach, so I can't say one way or the other if it would hurt. Do you have any vibration issues?

P.S. Truck looks great.
thanks for the compliment...it does feel like there is more vibration to the front end...i think i'll just go back tomorrow and let them drop the front end about and inch...if i lower the front end myself do i need to get it realigned?

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Pretty severe angle in my opinion and not just the CV, the ball joints and tie rod end is another consideration. I like nearly horizontal...but thats just me.

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
Looks a little steep...

·
Registered
174 Posts
your good

I think your fine. My tbars have been cranked for a year with bilstein 5150's and some goodyear mtr's and with a good alignment. I have had no problems with it. I don't do any serious off roading but I do drive in the woods and a little mud to ride my quad and I drive in some deep upstate ny snow :mad: .
Here is a pic of mine but I had to rotate so the tire in the rear looked level. I think if your not comfortable with it you should lower it.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everybody for the info...i think i am gonna lower it just a bit...the ride is a little to bouncy for me

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I agree with the axles being on the little extreme side.

I will get you those measurements tommorow ...... if you want to do a comparison measure on level ground from center rim to the lower fender lip and I will do the same and if any of you other guys want to get some measurements please add them here as well......... fronts will the same height and the rears will be the same height.

·
Registered
113 Posts
how do you get teh lift without the cv angle getting like that?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CntrSnr2001 said:
i think if you get a suspension lift you should be fine...i just changed the torsion keys out.

·
6,355 Posts
CntrSnr2001 said:
you would have to go to a suspension lift or a body lift ...... using the torsion keys you are gonna get some CV angle and it will stiffen the front end also even with new shocks so the truck will ride harder in the front

·
Registered
174 Posts
just a reply

i dont agree with the harder ride in the front. I changed to a bilstein 5150 shocks and my front end feels better than i did before. just my opinion though.

before i changed the shocks though it was rough

·
6,355 Posts
bug777 said:
i dont agree with the harder ride in the front. I changed to a bilstein 5150 shocks and my front end feels better than i did before. just my opinion though.

I am running the stock heighted bilsteins (front and rear) for a 3rd Gen 4x4 and decided not to upgrade shocks since I had just bought them before I decided to add and crank the keys and do the add a leafs.

I must not be on leveled ground or something isnt right (which I may need another alignment and a slight torsion adjustment before the alignment of course which hasnt been done since I did the crank so am thinking the front end has settled a bit) but I got the measurements ....
ground to lip FD-40" FP-40 1/4" RD-44" RP-43 1/4"
Center rim to lower lip FD 23 3/4" FP-24" RD-27 3/4" RP-27 1/4"

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The angle on the left side is steeper than the angle on the right.

In my opinion they are too steep, especially the one on the left.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bug777 said:

me too...spoke with a guy at shox.com and told him what i was gonna do to my truck and he hooked me up with some bilstein 5100's (i think that's the series) truck rode really great til i cranked the new keys in front, but i'm fixin that on tuesday :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.