:)

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Racemotor build up...sweet.

KB

· Ramman
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and do you think these ported and polished heads may help?, you know give me a little more passing ability?

NOTE: Still being worked on..

· Ramman
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The crank is from a 5.7 Hemi that I got complete. The engine was from a rumble bee truck. The oil pan got a gouge in it, and lost oil. The owner ran it dry, till it seized. They replaced the oil pan, and replaced the oil, and remarkably the engine ran. Although I was told had a clicking sound. I got the complete engine, including Alt, Compressor, Computer, intake, everything for just $500.

I was hoping that all the damaged parts would be the ones to get replaced in the 392 up grade. Turns out, the crank, rods and some other minor items were destroyed, no problem, as the 392 stroker parts will be replacing the bad parts.
You can’t really tell in that picture, but that crank is hosed, it’s a fairly deep gouge.

· StreetRods Rule
481 Posts
it would do alot better in a 2wd rc/sb..

if you wanna go fast why put it in a xcab/fwd?

and the journal on those rods, dont look like they'll come anywhere close fitting on that crank..

· ASE approved
8,880 Posts
man i cant wait to se that thing up and running. ooh wait ill be there for the first start up. how cool will that be?

· Ramman
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, that’s right; you’ll be there for the birth of my little 392’. Hopefully it will be less than 12 hours of labor. :)

· Ramman
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KYHemi said:
it would do alot better in a 2wd rc/sb..

if you wanna go fast why put it in a xcab/fwd?

and the journal on those rods, dont look like they'll come anywhere close fitting on that crank..

Why would anyone race a 2X4? The fastest “Street Legal” trucks are 4X4’s. And the current fastest street truck in the world is a 4X4. :)

Besides, I’ll bet you $500 US that I can beat every 2X4 on this site, in a best of 4 races, WITH MY CURRENT ENGINE!

Exceptions apply, applicable in the lower 48 only, vehicles must use same tires in all events, yada yada,,)

First race ¼ mile, I’ll probably get my A$$ handed to me, even with my NOS..
Second race, 100ft Mud pit
Third race, 40ft sand hill climb
Fourth race, tug of war.

Seriously, though,

I like 4X4ing, and compete in local sand racing competitions. Well, I would like faster ¼ mile times I’m not looking to break any records. So I’m not looking for extreme power, just a solid engine with more than the average truck. With my current setup +75shot I was getting low 14’s. if I can get low 13’s or even hi 12’s, I would be happy.

Besides I like to be different . when I went to the track, and beat cars like, Mustangs, Porsches, SRT10’s, SRT8’s, and other “Performance Vehicles”, it felt good. And I know it really hurt in their minds, “Not only did a work truck beat me, but DAMN, a 4X4!”. I got comments like that at the track.

Besides, better in my truck then in a “Shopping Cart”, or a “Snow Blower”, right?

· Valdez Racing Team
13,905 Posts
...nice Don...Chris mentioned something regarding your buildup...

· Josh
4,197 Posts
let us know how those rods and pistons hold up, many people naysay them. but that could just be marketing, im interested in the compstar kit also! goodluck with the build!

· Registered
690 Posts
Daking said:
Why would anyone race a 2X4? The fastest “Street Legal” trucks are 4X4’s. And the current fastest street truck in the world is a 4X4. :)

Besides, I’ll bet you $500 US that I can beat every 2X4 on this site, in a best of 4 races, WITH MY CURRENT ENGINE!

Exceptions apply, applicable in the lower 48 only, vehicles must use same tires in all events, yada yada,,)

First race ¼ mile, I’ll probably get my A$$ handed to me, even with my NOS..
Second race, 100ft Mud pit
Third race, 40ft sand hill climb
Fourth race, tug of war.

Seriously, though,

I like 4X4ing, and compete in local sand racing competitions. Well, I would like faster ¼ mile times I’m not looking to break any records. So I’m not looking for extreme power, just a solid engine with more than the average truck. With my current setup +75shot I was getting low 14’s. if I can get low 13’s or even hi 12’s, I would be happy.

Besides I like to be different . when I went to the track, and beat cars like, Mustangs, Porsches, SRT10’s, SRT8’s, and other “Performance Vehicles”, it felt good. And I know it really hurt in their minds, “Not only did a work truck beat me, but DAMN, a 4X4!”. I got comments like that at the track.

Besides, better in my truck then in a “Shopping Cart”, or a “Snow Blower”, right?
:ylsuper: :rck:

We see eye to eye on this stuff, only you seem to have more money... damn am I far behind on mods, one day I will have as much power as you, but its cool cause you are not in my area so I don't feel as bad. I know I have one of the most powerful hemi 4x4s in my area and that is enough for now.

Anyway since you are much further ahead of me in the mod department, what do you think about the 8.0 diff in the front?? If you are doing 4x4 launches with that much torque aren't you afraid of breaking the front end? And what about mud pits??? That is what i am worried about most, I think it is going to be a huge weak link for us 1500 4x4 guys that want tons of power. Any plans for that area?

· Registered
3,221 Posts
looking at that crank I would say it had a little rod knock going.
I guess it gives a new meaning to the hemi tick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.