DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a bunch of sites (for parts, etc) I can select DODGE, and w100 but not 1979. They list 1974-1978 and 1982-1986 or something but not 1979. I've checked the VIN and everything, this appears to be a 1979 Dodge w100. Problem is, I have found a couple photos of other w100's and the headlights on those are different. ??
Have a look in the garage to see mine:
Garage

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
That's a w-series truck.. w100. if you are having a har time finding parts.. most body parts, interior parts, etc. will match with d-series. but they didnt change much during the years of W-series trucks. The grills are different because in the late 70s they changed that slightly.

what parts are you looking for?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well let's see:
Grille
Headlight surround for passenger side
Gas Pedal

I'd also like to replace the leaf springs with something easier on the back. I don't haul anything so I'd prefer a smoother ride over the strength of the springs. Not a lot of aftermarket for these. ;) -- my current holy grail would be a bed cover...

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
i know you can buy a grille, and headlight surround from jcwhitney.. but i haven tlooked into it much and cant imagine how overpriced it could be. i've been looking on either replacing mine or rechroming it and getting the dents out.. but thats not a priority right now.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
I've been extremely lucky finding parts at junkyards.. i got the dash, glove box, and defroster vents from 3 different trucks at a junk yard near me for 60 bucks.. and they are in great shape... (my interior was blue, and we had the seat reupholstered to black and gray.. so we painted the metal dash part and bought the rest.. since it was faded green, and the dash part had a huge whole in it from the sun.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I believe that 79-80 were years by themselves for some grilles, etc. There may have been a difference in headlight options like dual headlights vs single headlights. I'm not at home and near my factory parts books.
There is one type of replacement grille listed at www.autobodypartsonline.com
As suggested you might try looking under D100 or even Ramcharger.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I must have the dual headlight option because I have two.. -- well four, but you know what I mean. ;) I have a nasty dent in the grille and headlight surround and finding this grille at a junkyard might be a pain. Haven't seen many like this anywhere.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Seems most of these trucks were worked hard,not many god parts to be had.I've seen a few 3/4 tons used to haul campers that were in pretty good shape.I agree,there's not many of these left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.