DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down to my local dealer today here in Texas. The dealer quoted me $28,000 for as low as he could go for a 2007 Ram 1500 Sport, Quad Cab, 4x2, Leather Trimmed bucket seats, and a few small extras. Just wondering if you guys consider this a good deal or not. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
On a 2007 that is a pretty good price, nothing to complain about. Try asking to see his invoice and then get him to sell it for a few hundred below. If he says no, ask about Dealer Holdback... he'll wince.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealer Holdback is the money the dealership is getting paid back by Chrysler for selling the vehicle, on a vehicle like that its probably around $1000.
On the invoice somewhere it should say HB followed by some number, that is the holdback without the decimal point, but you can figure it out. Its basically pure dealer mark up, and they can and will use it if they want to. send me a pic of the invoice and I will tell you what the hold back is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just remember... any price a dealership gives you they are making money someway, whether its through a kick-back from Chrysler or pure mark up.... Otherwise whats the point?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, thats true. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a horrible deal or anything. I gotta hit the sack, I am exhausted after walking about 15 miles at the state fair today. I will check the thread tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help JRS200x

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I bet you could get a better deal on a 2006 Ram, and I'm sure the dealers are trying to clear their lots of 06's.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Walking the fair, huh? Did you enjoy yourself on Saturday? I know the Okies didn't.

My dealer gave me the whole "Don't go telling all your buddies how you got a piece of us" routine. Don't buy it! They make money on every vehicle they sell, regardless of the "dealer invoice" price. There are so many dealer incentives and such. If you want to test out whether you're getting a good price, walk out. I don't mean threaten to, but actually do it. You can always come back the next day. If you're getting a good price, they won't follow you, if not, they will because they know they can do better. No dealer sells a vehicle below their cost, regardless of what they tell you. If you just have to have that particular vehicle (it probably won't be gone tomorrow), then they have you.

Like sandigohemi said, you could definitely get a better deal on a 2006, but if the 2007 is what you want, and you feel the price is right, do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The dealer is by far the least pushy dealer I have ever met. I was just standing by the truck looking at it and he came out and asked if I wanted to drive it. Then he let me test drive a magnum because I was curious how well it drove. I stopped by another dealership on the way back from the fair and they were trying to drag me inside to show me "how low my payments could be" if I bought from them. I think I am getting a fair price on the truck and I surely wouldnt mind a 2006. I did enjoy myself at the fair and only a couple more days until the Challenger debuts there so I gotta head back! Oh yeah, and I know for sure the okies didnt enjoy themselves!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not entirely true TexasAxMan, some dealerships will take a loss on a vehicle now to make up for it later. Large dealerships are much more likely to take a loss on a vehicle in order to get you to come in for service which is where they really make their money. Most charge you around $90/hour for labor and some quite a bit more.

I am not saying they do it often, but there are many who will.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Believe what you want. I have a cousin that used to own a Chevrolet dealership, with all the incentives they get, they NEVER lose money.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
azzkikn03 said:
The dealer is by far the least pushy dealer I have ever met. I was just standing by the truck looking at it and he came out and asked if I wanted to drive it. Then he let me test drive a magnum because I was curious how well it drove. I stopped by another dealership on the way back from the fair and they were trying to drag me inside to show me "how low my payments could be" if I bought from them. I think I am getting a fair price on the truck and I surely wouldnt mind a 2006. I did enjoy myself at the fair and only a couple more days until the Challenger debuts there so I gotta head back! Oh yeah, and I know for sure the okies didnt enjoy themselves!!!

are you in texas and if so where is the state fair and when will the challenger be there

i will also google the info tia

·
Registered
525 Posts
The State Fair is in Dallas. You can look it up on the web to find out when it ends.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure if they are still offering it, but it may be worth a phone call. Maxwell Dodge in Round Rock (by Austin) was offering $10,000 off sticker on all 2006 models. That's where I bought mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.