DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 Off Road package Ram. Quad cab. Automatic. 4x4. 140,000 miles. All original (motor/drivetrain), runs smooth, heat/ac perfect. 5.2. Runs smooth, no leaks, no smoke. Asking 7500, is this a good deal?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If it had the 5.9L/360 I would say it is a good deal but the 5.2L/318 is just too underpowered in the Ram( especially a 4WD ). I had a 5.2L RCLB 2WD Ram and it was such a dog power wise, and such a gas pig, I would never want one again.

·
6.05 at 54.66 in the dirt
916 Posts
According to Kelly Blue Book its 7,100 if its got every option on it and is spotless.

·
Respected Member
3,591 Posts
an 01 318 4x4 with 140k is about a 6k truck around here. at most.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Agreed, NO - way too high.

I'd agree with somewhere around 4-5K

·
Registered
11,180 Posts
No, it's not a good deal.

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
what rye said
that dude thinks too much of his truck, offer him 5500 and see what he says

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
a couple grand on that and youd have a hemi in a newer truck

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
No.

·
Registered
88 Posts
no to change subject, but is really 5.2 a "dog" for you guys.. (whatever "dog" means in a truck)?
Maybe because I have a 5.2 with 5sp manual, but IMO is a great engine, love the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear.. and in mine the 4x4 is like I have nails in my tires..

anyway.. if that 01 had a 5.9L (Cummins) then it would be a great deal ;)

·
Registered
280 Posts
no

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
no to change subject, but is really 5.2 a "dog" for you guys.. (whatever "dog" means in a truck)?
Maybe because I have a 5.2 with 5sp manual, but IMO is a great engine, love the acceleration in 2nd and 3rd gear.. and in mine the 4x4 is like I have nails in my tires..

anyway.. if that 01 had a 5.9L (Cummins) then it would be a great deal ;)
yes the 5.2's are dogs. i thought just like you when i had that truck(1998 crewcab 5.2L 2wd) i thought it had some get up and go... till i got my Hemi, those things are way underpowered

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes the 5.2's are dogs. i thought just like you when i had that truck(1998 crewcab 5.2L 2wd) i thought it had some get up and go... till i got my Hemi, those things are way underpowered
interesting.!
was your 5.2 5speed or automatic transmission?

also it could be another way to put it...
instead of put down and engine that many people have and like calling it "dog"
you can say the Hemi is better.. :)

anyway, I'd never have a Hemi, after this 5.2 5speed I want a 5.9 Cummins 6speed.. that would make a cat out of the Hemi :D

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I would say no like everyone else. also I did not know that you could get the off-road package with a 318, i figured they were all 360s. and since the off-road comes with a 4:10 rear.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.