DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much have decided on all the options that I would like. I have also kinda talked myself out of the 3.92, as I won't be pulling anything big, if ever. We will be using the 09 mainly as my daily driver and the vacation vehicle. So, the last thing in the decision to order of buy off the lot is the fuel tank. Most around here are the standard 26 gal. We would really like the 32 gal....but it would more than likely need to be ordered. So, the question at hand is, what if any, are the differences in the mounting, etc, of the two different sizes. IF they are the same, then we could just swap them out after the purchase. So, anyone have any ideas? I would think that they would be the same, but that is the woman in me saying that :)

Thanks

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I believe they mount in the same place and It would be an easy swap if one would want to do it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for the info. We will probably purchase a truck off the lot then have someone swap the two tanks out. I would assume that the electronics would be the same also. I am sure that purchasing off the lot will bring a better deal than ordering.

·
Registered
981 Posts
The new 34 gal fuel tank is in the $500 range. You need to check that the fuel pump and related hardware are the same. Looks like they are not. Parts guy can help you there, no 09 info online but for prior years, they are not the same. Location may also be a little different so you may need to do something with the hoses. Not sure how you would do it but the computer would also need to be setup for the larger tank or it would not recognize the extra fuel in it's calculations such as distance to empty. Might be a simple fix with the handheld, not sure.

I personally would not mess with this on a brand new truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.