DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 w/ 7k miles and i have the option to buy the 100k powertrain warranty from dodge for $1900, u guys think this is a wise purchase? i have a 3/36 right now

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
I think its worth it if you dont intend on modding your truck like crazy!!!

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
I have it, wasn't sure about it at first. Needless to say, I haven't used it yet... BUT I feel extremely relieved that I bought it....

Jason

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like the Chrysler warranties. But before you buy from your dealer, do a search online. There are a few Chrysler dealers out there that sell the same Chrysler warranty at very steep discounts. I went in to my dealer with one of those online offers in hand and gave them a chance to price match. They did match the price, and I saved about 40% over what my dealer had originally quoted. If thay hadn't matched, I would have bought the warranty from the online dealer and still had any work done at my dealership.

Jim

·
what's your left leg doin
2,288 Posts
I think it depends on how good your dealer's service department is.
A warranty is only as good as the people that back it up....

...and/or as mentioned above if you want to mod a lot or not.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey wow, thanks for the help, i do plan on modding, but nothing too crazy, at most maybe like 4.56 mopar gears
but yea thanks, ill look around at different dealers, the guys i bought the truck from have fantastic customer service, so ill have to see if the price match

thanks again

·
Registered
14 Posts
El_Greko87 said:
i have an 06 w/ 7k miles and i have the option to buy the 100k powertrain warranty from dodge for $1900, u guys think this is a wise purchase? i have a 3/36 right now
1900 !!!! Wow

I always go into the dealership saying....if I hear a extended warranty pitch, I'm walking......

I just got a 6 yr 75,000 bumper to bumper chrysler warranty for 940.00 on an o6 QC 2wd. I used to work for an appliance store and most brands sold extended warranties for 20.00, it was up to the salesperson/mgr to set the price to the consumer.....so with that in mind...whenever you go back to the finance dude.....let them know up front that your not interested in extended warranties and you'll walk if they bring it up........and see what kind of deal they will offer

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm not sure how much they usually cost but from everything I've seen warranties are definately worth having especially when you start to get up there in mileage.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
940! im all over that

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got the Chrysler 5 year/100k "Maximum Care" plan for a little over $1500. This covers pretty much everything except things like brakes and wipers. I got the guy down from $3500 by threatening to go to a third party warranty service that I had with my previous truck.
Thanks god I didn't take that one as the company went under last year.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I bought the extended warrantee. I'm glad I did.

If for anything - to prevent Murphy's law "Anything that can happen, will happen" :D

I'm still under the original factory warrantee right now and i've been into the dealership 3 times (and a 4th coming up) to have work done. I hope this isn't a sign of the future.

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
I would do it if you intend on keeping the truck for a long time not because you intend on modding it because many mods void warranties...

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have the 5 year/100k "Maximum Care" plan through Chrysler. $100 deductible is better than paying full price for any covered repairs! Scroll around this Dodgetalk you'll see that our vehicles are know to have some service needs! As someone mentioned above, be sure to haggle a price on the warranty as they do have some wiggle room! The dealer quoted me a price that they claimed was "discount" but I found a dealer that was selling them via internet and it was much cheaper! I took the website back to my dealer and he matched the price but was not happy about it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you do buy a service contract, buy a DC contract. The aftermarket warrantys are a hassle for the dealer and they could/can refuse to honor it. That means you will have to contact them yourself and get their CC number to cover the repairs or they will reimburse you. What a hassle. If you go with a DC contract you wont get the flack from the dealer. They can hassle you about mods. Heavily modded vehicles should not be looking for help from DC. But there are ways around that without taking all the mods off before coming into the dealer. Get a good repore with your dealer from the start. They will be willing to help you down the road. Throw them a bone every once in a while. It helps. If you just go in for warranty work, you are not considered a good customer in DC eyes. Let alone the dealers eyes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.