Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all-

I was having the infamous squeaking from the front end of my D and had it lubed few times and then got the stealer to replace all of the sway bar bushings. It has been quiet for several months, but now it's back. Is this something that I'm just going to have to live with and lube it whenever it starts? If so, what's the best lube for the job?

Thanks

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
If you're going the lube route, White Lithium is the way to go from what I've read. You can pick it up at most (if not any?) auto parts store.

If you want it to go away for a long time, I think you can replace the bushings with greasable bushings (fairly inexpensive I think but also somewhat time consuming). I don't know anything about it so hopefully somebody else will chime in.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm having urthane bushing installed tomorrow, my D needs it and I told the shop no OEM bushings they don't last, cost around 125.00.
Fred T.

·
2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
1998DN said:
I'm having urthane bushing installed tomorrow, my D needs it and I told the shop no OEM bushings they don't last, cost around 125.00.
Fred T.
$125 for just the bushings or does that include labor?

·
Registered
229 Posts
No more squeaks, just picked it up. The 125.00 included everything, if it wasn't in having other stuff done I would of attempted to do them myself.
Fred T.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i hope it lasts. Maybe you could give us an update in a few months. I'm gonna look into swapping my bushings out myself...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.