• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the chances of creating engine specific forums. Maybe starting with the newer ones to see if it takes off. The search function leaves a lot to be desired and to me it would be easier to locate useful information on my engine if it crossed platforms. I in particular have a 3.6l Flex engine and I know it is in Challengers to Grand Caravans.

I have searched many a forum looking for information to no avail. You have a ton of forums here, but many do not actively share as there is really no apparent reason to. By creating these types of forums, maybe there might be more active participation due to shared interests.

Just a thought

Robert

·
Administrator
1,135 Posts
Thanks for the feedback Robert. We'll keep an eye on this thread and see if other members of the community chime in to see if it's something the community wants.

Niall

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. I'll keep watching.

I was going to add a poll to this post, but I am not able to locate the Poll tools.

Robert

·
Registered
363 Posts
The Pentastar V-6 is in all kinds of Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep vehicles. There's tons of information on it. What are you looking for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A simple one stop place to browse for that information. Not search through "all kinds of Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep vehicle" forums to find it. I come from a few other forums that use that type of format and think it would be of use here.

If I were well versed on this forum, I might create a spot with links to relevant stuff like specs, individual repairs, recommended parts etc. Alas though, I am not. So I thought I'd ask if this was viable.

·
Registered
363 Posts
A simple one stop place to browse for that information. Not search through "all kinds of Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep vehicle" forums to find it. I come from a few other forums that use that type of format and think it would be of use here.

If I were well versed on this forum, I might create a spot with links to relevant stuff like specs, individual repairs, recommended parts etc. Alas though, I am not. So I thought I'd ask if this was viable.
The one stop place is Google, or some other search engine. There is no way to aggregate information from many sources other than that, unless you're willing to spend the time building an encyclopedia manually. There's also factory manuals available on eBay for very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm very much in agreement with the OP...

Many forums have such sub-fora as he's looking for or suggesting. They provide a spot for questions to be raised or answered without relating engines or transmissions to a specific vehicle type.

Look, for instance, at the now-defunct Moparmarket forum. It has sub-fora for various models and types of cars, then it has sub-fora for engine types, also for transmissions, for brakes, suspensions, electrical systems and so on. It makes it easy to find answers.

In the same way it has a 'general discussion' set where threads like the one of mine referred to above can be found. Such things are of interest to the readers and often useful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do I go about doing that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tapping my fingers ...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like no one voted on the original poll. We could reopen it if you are interested in trying again. Let me know!

-Carly
Well, I have to assume that since I did not know there was a poll somewhere, neither did anyone else. And for that matter, the poll I set up the other day, could use the word Poll in the title as Ray Bell mentioned above, the new software does not do much to inform.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you scroll to the top of the page you will see the poll...

But you have to look closely. There's not much to identify it, though the word 'poll' is used in the line which explained that it closed three months ago!

Making the software suitable for children and their phones goes a long way to destroying the usefulness of forums.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That is pointless...

Unless they read your post, nobody will see that there's a poll there! It needs to have 'POLL' in the thread title.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts