DodgeTalk Forum banner

Is it O.K. to use AC Delco Parts on Dodge?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Grand Caravan 4th Gen that needs Front brakes and rotors but I'm currently working to Replace a clutch assembly in my Toyota pickup and price is a big factor for the parts. I've found AC Delco brand Rotors that are relatively cheaper than most brands such as Duralast and Brake Best from autopart shops around me. I know AC Delco is a Chevy aftermarket brand but they say the Rotors will fit the Dodge just fine, but is it safe to use them for such an important function?

·
Registered
650 Posts
As long as you know you're ordering the right part, the name on the box isn't so important. Unless you're racing your minivan, every manufacturer makes their rotors out of cast iron anyway. Just make sure you're doing thorough price shopping. rockauto.com is always a good source to check for better prices on most parts. I don't know if they'd be the better choice for brake rotors, though, as shipping charges for such heavy bits might offset any value gained in their prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2005 Grand Caravan 4th Gen that needs Front brakes and rotors but I'm currently working to Replace a clutch assembly in my Toyota pickup and price is a big factor for the parts. I've found AC Delco brand Rotors that are relatively cheaper than most brands such as Duralast and Brake Best from autopart shops around me. I know AC Delco is a Chevy aftermarket brand but they say the Rotors will fit the Dodge just fine, but is it safe to use them for such an important function?
What kind of shape are the rotors in? It there not scored you could have them turned and put an economical set of pads until you are able afford the new rotors and pads you desire. Budgets sometimes need help.

·
Drifter99
7 Posts
The AC Delco's will probably work but there are so many choices for rotors for your Caravan for under $30/rotor. Just a quick look at RockAuto reveals at least 5 choices for fronts alone. And some have the anti-rust coating (if that matters). In your particular case, I think you can get a pair (including shipping) for under the cost of local supplier. If you feel inclined to support your local store, buy the support items like brake hardware, grease, fluid, etc from them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts