DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to get to the third row, i have to put one of the second row sides down... problem is, its really hard to do it... its like i really have to force the side lever to recline it downwards then the red lever isnt that easy either. although its not as hard as the side lever but still, its not easy especially if someone who isnt familair would want to put the chair up. is yours like this too? is there a way we can fix this? thanks!

Arsenio

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
maybe some trips to the gym may help ya out lol j/k mine are tough too
I couldn't resist lol

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Darn, I just read a how-to on adjusting the second row release. I just cant recall which forum it was posted on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Supposedly what happens is that the cable that connects the handle to the release stretches over time. I asked the dealer to look into this on mine. They said they made some adjustments and lubed everything. The handles were easier to pull, but, when the seat back folded forward, it immediately released the seat bottom and the whole assembly folded forward (not normal). So I took a closer look at what they did and found that they put in a zip tie around the end of the cable anchor (effectively shortening the cable by about a 1/4 inch). I removed the zip tie and it now works correctly and the handle tension isn't too bad (I think the lube is all I really needed). Many others have complained about this issue...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I noticed when i push the seat backwards(towards the rear), and then pull the lever, the backrest folds down and the seat folds forward easier giving access to the 3rd row seat.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
A man, that's how I showed my kids to do it.
I actually keep an extra carpet under there to tighten the gap on the latch so the seats don't rattle. It drove me crazy finding it, I'd tell the kids to get in and tell me where the rattle is and it wouldn't do it. I figured it was their weight holding them tighter.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
My 2nd row seats have always been hard to fold. That lever takes a bit of muscle.

I normally dont have a problem folding down the seat if I am standing on the same side, but I often try to get the lever for the seat on the other side by reaching behind the 2nd row seat and that one is harder since you have only a small amount of room to grab the lever.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine fold easy and do not rattle... I hope they don't do that...

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
the seats fold easy, but the lever is difficult to rotate.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Slightly grease the bracket on the floor undeneath the seat. I had a tough time with the lever and my kids could barely do it. I greased the bracket just a little an,,,TADA,,,Works like a charm now,,,,,,,,,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.