DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think as far as the diesels go, dodge is the winner. If you look at 3/4 ton trucks, who do you think has the better truck OVERALL? Thanks for your input. Jeff :cool:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
A good friend of mine has a CTD and it is straight up badass.

I sometimes think I should have bought one instead of the Hemi.

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
You asked this at a Dodge site? You do know what the answer is going to be. DODGE ALL THE WAY!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
actually, I'm not biased but I believe the dodge 2500 is the best out there, and I wasn't happy with my hemi performance in my HD, so that tells you something

I never see SRW CHevy diesels, so they're rare or something, so that's a turn off, and Ford's have way too many problems, and can't compete with the CTD

and with the 4.10's, the dodge 2500/3500 with the Hemi out performs the 6.0 chevy, and the 5.4 Ford shouldn't even be in the same class in my opinion

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think with out a doubt that the CTD is the best heavyduty pick up, i like the ford but there power stroke is a loud clanky engine it may be a little quicker than the CTD but i woould spend my money on the CTD any day of the week and twice on sunday.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Dodge all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
3/4 ton?.....like this one? :D
Im not sure about overall, but I do know that the Cummins motor is definitely the top choice out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Dodge for sure, Diesel if you can afford it. I have the Quadcab/dually with a Hemi and a standard tranny and 4,10 rearend. Factory order at $32,500 Can.
I pull a 32 ft fiver no sweat. I get 18.5 mpg on the highway and love the truck no regrets. Talked to a guy in town today with the diesel 3500 dually and he claimed $130 for fuel from Prince George, in central BC. But then he said his truck was $68,000! I will pay for the exrta gas a few times a year.
If looking at a 2500 get the standard tranny( the auto robs to much power) and the 4.10 gears and good luck.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
There isn't one overall... or else it'd be a Dodge motor, Chevy tranny and Ford frame.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Six-in-a-row & built to tow.....it's the only way to go :D
Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I would have to say Dodge.... who can argue with the CTD

·
Registered
908 Posts
as far as engines go, CTD is by far the best designed diesel engine out of the bunch, just something about cracke pre-combution chambers that dont do it for me:(....

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
great dane said:
But then he said his truck was $68,000!
What did he have gold plated? Mine was $46,400 Canadian out the door

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.