DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about this? We ordered our RT AWD on 4/29 and still don't have a VIN. I called the 1-800 number this week and was told there was a hold on it. But the phone staff there seem pretty uninformed, they have no idea of the build codes for instance (I'm in BG status).

When was the most recent delivery for an 06 AWD - and when did you order it? Thanks alot. My wife and I have trip planned to CA in late June and now it seems like we won't have the car by then... bummer.

Thanks folks - any info would be great. R.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They were so backed up that last year they stopped processing orders in May
I ordered on May 3 2004 and was expecting a 2005 model on or around mid July Early August then I was told late fall then early spring LOL
I received a 2006 Magnum on May 21st 2005. I would have thought they would have caught up by now.
PS its worth the wait.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ordered a 2006 AWD RT on 2/16/06 - received it 10 days ago....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I talked to a friend of mine at a chrysler dealer last week and he said that they stopped production on the AWD 300's because of a problem with the system. He didn't know what the problem was, but he was told that he wouldn't be getting any AWD's for a while. I don't know if the Magnum's are effected, but I would think they use the same components.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I stopped in at my dealer the other day to say hello and see the showroom dog they have there. My sales rep told me to be glad I picked up my AWD when I did because Dodge has halted producing AWD cars for awhile. He told me it was in responce to the orders their getting on the Charger. All their efforts are going toward that right now. Now thats just what he told me. If its true I'm not sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I walked onto the lot and purchased my AWD, in March '05. It was special order, like most people I've read about, but this guy changed his mind before it got in. My luck, it had only been sitting on lot for less than a week. I didn't let it leave my site after I found it.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Guys, right now we cannot order an AWD Magnum R/T. I do not know the reason for this (hopefully) temporary production halt, but if I hear anything I will pass it on.

Oddly enough, we can order the V6 AWD models.....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Real Deal for AWD Delay

Ok..Here is the answer. The reason that we can order V6 AWD and NOT V8 AWD is simple. The problem is the Hemi. There is so much power going thru that system that it can not corrcetly handle it. And remeber, the AWD on Magnum is not the same as the MB 4Matic. The 4Matic lets the power have varying amounts front to back where as the Magnum is only 32% front and 68% back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I spoke with a friend who is the west coast regional manager for Dodge.
They only have limited production runs for the AWD Magnum Hemi
they have sold out for the year at least on the west side of the country. We have an 06 ordered in May of 2005 recieved in May 2006. The Hemi issue is an old one in that production was diverted for a time to the Charger line.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AWD Delays

There is no AWD Charger until 2007. As far as the Hemi goes, DCX has plenty available because of the "supposed" fuel crisis. In fact, DCX is now making Hemi an available option on 2006 Grand Cherokee LAREDO. Before you had to go to a Limited to get it. These are the facts gang.

·
Registered
45 Posts
this is the updated info

News
Chrysler resumes output of awd 300, Magnum after halt to repair vibration issue

RICK KRANZ | Automotive News
Posted Date: 9/21/05
FRANKFURT - The Chrysler group has resumed production of all-wheel-drive versions of the Chrysler 300 sedan and Dodge Magnum wagon following a two-month halt to repair a vibration problem.

Production of awd models at Chrysler's Brampton, Ontario, plant was stopped in June and resumed in late August.

The problem was a vibration in the transfer case that occurred when an awd model was driven at low speeds, such as in parking lots, said Chrysler product development chief Frank Klegon.

Magna Drivetrain, a subsidiary of Magna International Inc., supplies the awd systems.

"We had a concern with a transfer case that is produced by Magna Drivetrain," said Klegon, who was interviewed at the Frankfurt auto show. "We had a little concern with drivability, not a significant concern. But we had some quality concerns, and we are not going to ship when we have a quality concern."

The problem affected production of an undisclosed number of 300 and Magnum models, according to the Chrysler group.

The company would not disclose the number of dealer orders delayed nor the specific dates for the production halt. All customer orders will be filled, a spokesman said.

"It's all been corrected," Klegon said. "Magna has fixed it, and we are producing. There should not be any further delays, from a customer's perspective, of getting a vehicle - getting it ordered or getting it delivered."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.