DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Eco Diesel, I'm new to trucks let alone diesel but it makes a weird noise. When you pull away (straight or turning) when it pulls away in 1st, then also when it shifts into second, third it makes a weird noise until you're halfway into the gear then stops until the next. It sounds like when you're trying to suck the last bit of pop through a takeout cup through a straw, a gurgling noise. I was going to say grinding but it's not really.
Everytime.
Maybe that's the sound of a diesel engine?
It sounds like it's coming from the front passenger area but that might be just the way I'm positioned in the driver seat. I haven't gotten someone to drive away with me standing outside or my head out the window to check yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Grab a vid, otherwise it's impossible for us to help. One guys "gurgling" is another guys "hiss" and....hard to help.

·
Registered
331 Posts
As scatpack_69 said, try to grab a video and sound of the problem.

The diesel will make some sound, but it is very quiet compared to its big brothers.

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
A video will help but being a Cummins guy and the driver of an ED on a few occasions there were not any noises that were out of the ordinary.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2015 EcoD CC 4x4. Makes that noise. To me sounds like something loose that only rattles at a specific harmonic. Only a occurrs when initially accelerating from a stop. Does not always happen.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts