·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, is it?

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
No, it's not. You can get an Auburn for only $395 and it will put that OEM LSD to shame. The Detroit Truetrac is only $100 more. I would not give more than $100 for an OEM unit.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$100? lol, are they crap or somethin? im tryin to save as much money as possible, i dont go to the track or anything like that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
$100? lol, are they crap or somethin? im tryin to save as much money as possible, i dont go to the track or anything like that.
the oem unit is not that great. If you were already planning on spending $300 on the oem, I would save up the extra and get the auburn.

You will notice a huge improvement.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I agree with everybody so far!

·
Registered
123 Posts
yeah i wouldn't spend that much on a stock unit. I you want to save money, spend 50-100 for a used stocker. If your going to pay about 300, just save up and get a autoburn or detriot. I upgraded from stock to detroit, and it is night and day. I LOVE it.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Yeah...save a coupla' hundred $'s on a DTT or Aurburn and throw that bad boy OEM stock LSD, right in there.
You only have to worry "When" not "IF" it's gonna explode, with the retaining clip issues etc and cost you a few grand to replace the entire axle.;)
Go the DTT route and you won't regret it my friend.
Al.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I agree with EVERYONE... Most people a running to swap out their stock LSD units because of fear they will leave them stranded... An Auburn is a superior unit and only about 85.00 more... And we offer FREE SHIPPING coast to coast on them.

I think I may still have my stock LSD in the shop. It has about 3,000 miles on it and was working well when it was removed to make room for my Detroit True Track... If your wanting a Stock LSD I would be willing to sell it to you for 150 bucks AS IS no implied warranty due to their track record. But it will be the same part that your asking about HALF PRICE!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.