DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also if I get a lift I have to get soem tires. Since this is a 4wheelin vehicle only. I can get good offroad tires. I 4wheel in everything. Love rocks, And theres alot of loose dirt here, Hill climbs, mud , everything. somtimes snow. Anyway should I go with the Iroks or a bogger. Ive herd the irok is good in snow, mud and made for rocks. I dont know anything about the bogger except there for mud. I have noticed that about half the guys on Ultimate Truck Challenge run boggers. Well what you do think?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Boggers decimate in the mud... and they can pull their own in most everything else which is why you see them on the UTC rides. If you can, I'd look into a set of Krawlers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of krawlers? Not alot of people know about the irok or bogger?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
pressurevac
179 Posts
Ever see the NITTO GRAPPLERS? Talk about 1 cool looking tire!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah they are alright. but I dont want to spend $400 + for a 35. And why the bfg krawlers? They are pricy as well. Whats special about these tires? . And like I said I would end up with $1600 of tires. and I really just want boggers or Iroks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
From what I've heard, as long as you don't do any serious rock crawling then the boggers should work well for anything you throw at them. They don't do well in the rocks because they have stiff sidewalls and they don't flex much.

Do a search and you will find tons of info.

CJW

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Unless you run only mud, dont get the boggers. For trail riding, the iroks will do great. Do pretty good in the mud too. Boggers will wear alot faster too

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
The Krawlers are just awesome... that's why I mentioned those. But pretty much anything you get in that size and that aggressive... it's gonna add up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i think im swinging for 36" iroks plus the tire place im going through said they dont carry boggers anymore. And I really want to do some rockcrawling

·
Registered
13 Posts
look at the new 15/16" nitto muds theyre are cheaper!!!

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
They are cheaper... however they won't fit (if the 15/16 you're reffering to is the rim height).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boggers for sure. No question. If it is strickly an off road truck, boggers will never let you down. Nitto? Whoa! way too much buck for it's bang!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've heard good things about the Baja Claws in the mud, they act like a bogger, and dirt but im not too sure about rock, they look like they would do pretty good. The Krawlers are pretty much made for rock crawling and trail riding, havent heard anyhting about em in the mud. Bogger is the king of mud and does pretty good in sand and snow too. Iroks are good all around tires sorta like the TSL but with a softer side wall. The TSL SXs have a thicker side wall so they may do good in the rocks but perform good in top soil mud and dirt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the bajaclaw was designed for the rocks I think. They are a sweet tire. Really expensive if you want 37's .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.