Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if he will or not, but the invitation stands

Hopefully he can provide some surface care thoughts and some technical expertise about keeping our vehicle up to that show car shine .....

Whether you are a real MEGUAIRS product fan like I am or you use the other guys products,

I am hoping Jeffrey can give us ALL some detailing tips !

so ..... Jeff ! - Did you make it here yet ?????

·
Registered
116 Posts
i love Meguiars products .... thats about the only thing i use ...

·
Registered
224 Posts
hamahed said:
i love Meguiars products .... thats about the only thing i use ...
Me too...they perform the best and provide the best value...plus they keep my Dak looking like the day I drove it home from the dealer for the 1st time!!!

2Hottie

·
Registered
227 Posts
Meguiar's actually keeps my Black Ram, looking better than the day I brought it home. GREAT STUFF!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
My question to the Meguiar's rep is how to properly use a clay bar...I seem to be using mine with the spray solution and it scratches more than anything...

2Hottie

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since your going to be re-waxing your truck anyhow...use a spray bottle with dish detergant and water. It gives the clay plenty of lube and doesn't cost much. The big thing (as already mentioned) with the clay bar is always turning and reshaping it. If you drop the clay on the ground or hit a spot with alot of dirt on it - Time to buy another clay.

·
Registered
224 Posts
wod01 said:
Since your going to be re-waxing your truck anyhow...use a spray bottle with dish detergant and water. It gives the clay plenty of lube and doesn't cost much. The big thing (as already mentioned) with the clay bar is always turning and reshaping it. If you drop the clay on the ground or hit a spot with alot of dirt on it - Time to buy another clay.
Thanks for the info! I never knew about using dishwashing detergent and water as a lube...that will surely save some money!

2Hottie

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
By using a clay bar and Dawn detergent you will totally strip off all the old wax and all that other junk that is on your paint. Now it's time to apply the polish and wax. Just remember to keep turning that clay to avoid any scratches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.