DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ton of requests for modified 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi Throttle Bodies I am proud to officially announce The Fastman Hemi TB's. There is a couple of Hemi TB options I am now making available.

The first option is a standard version that retains the factory 80mm bore. I am Taper Boring and Radiusing the front opening of the stock Hemi TB to almost 85mm and Knife Edging the factory blade. These work excellent on stock to modified vehicles. This is an excellent value and performance improvement. I have quite a few of these out there running already with nothing but positive feedback. The cost for both of these modifications is $100.00. Backside Taper boring available for an additional $75.

The second option is a Fully Oversized reworked Factory Hemi TB. For those of you that require more air than the factory TB can deliver I am very proud to announce the Fastman 84mm Hemi Throttle Body.
I finished development last week. Testing was done on Jerry's Yellow Supercharged 6.4 Hemi Ram with Jerry and Denny of Sharadon Performance and then with another local racer Mike Johnson's Naturally Aspirated 6.1 Hemi SRT8 300C. It worked flawlessly. I have included a few links at the bottom of the page to show it in action. I thank Jerry, Denny, and Mike for taking the time to work with me testing the 84mm TB. We are just starting to thaw out up here in MN and they went out of there way taking their vehicles out of hibernation.
I put all the Fastman tricks into these 84mm TB's to come up with a premium unit that will provide all the extra air that the factory reworked TB can provide. These are tricky to build as the drive by wire must be completely disassembled to be modified. The 84mm's are much more labor intensive than the other TB's I sell so the price is set accordingly. As always I provide the ultimate in precision, quality, and price.

The specifics of the 84mm units are as follows:

Main Bore: 84mm (stock is 80mm)
Front Taper Radiused Opening: 85mm
New Knife Edged 84mm Blade with the correct factory angles
Modified Factory Shaft. Top edge is removed.

The modification cost of the 84mm unit is $375. I will run a Dodge Talk Special Introductory Offer on the 84mm's for $350 until May 1st.

I do not have a core exchange on the Hemi TB's. I will modify your existing TB if you send it to me or sell you a brand new modified TB outright.

If you send me your Hemi TB:

For Taper Boring and Knife Edging I can normally offer same to next day turnaround time.
For a fully modified 84mm TB I will deliver as soon as possible. These will take more time.

For those that cannot tie up their vehicle I can sell you a brand new Hemi TB and modify it. Cost for the new units from Dodge NOT modified are as follows:

Brand new 03-04 5.7 Hemi TB $150
Brand new 05-present Hemi 5.7 TB $100
Brand new 6.1 Hemi TB $130

SHIPPING:

USPS Priority Mail $12
USPS Express Mail $32

I will get the Hemi TB's up on my website shortly. In the meantime you can order securely from my website with Credit Card. Just grab any TB order and put the Hemi Purchase in the Comments area. Or feel free to call me direct by phone. Cell is the best way to contact me.
I can also accept Money Orders and Cashiers Checks or PayPal from Verified Buyers at: [email protected]

If interested in purchasing or have any questions please email or call me direct. I look forward to helping you meet your performance needs.

Thank You

Dan Arcand AKA "TheFastman"

www.thefastman.com

https://www.thefastman.com/upload/hemitb/startup.mpg
https://www.thefastman.com/upload/hemitb/testdriving.mpg

Attachments

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Sweet looking TBs especially the 84 mm. Looks like you did the work everyone was afraid to do.. I can't wait to see the results......

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Look what i talked you into dan. Bet you are glad you did. Dan is a great guy, i highly suggest this to anybody that wants more performance out of their 5.7 or 6.1L hemi! By the way this is Matt from Delaware.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
They look great! From the standard version, can we expect a large increase in throttle response when coupled with a mildly modded engine?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Wow those look really nice, any pictures of it with the throttle blade open?

·
Gods Chariot...the CH-53E
464 Posts
i would imagine tuning is required with the 84 mm on our 5.7s...any confirmations on this? or is it plug and play?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Dan i remember when the hemi first came out people asked you about the throttle body and i thought you said it was big enough, and you would just be taking peoples money?

·
Finally FRI'd!!!!!!!!!!!
1,241 Posts

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Dan i remember when the hemi first came out people asked you about the throttle body and i thought you said it was big enough, and you would just be taking peoples money?
Well apparently he's had a change of heart. I know for me at least my TB rocks, I also think it responds better the more mods you have.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Finally FRI'd!!!!!!!!!!!
1,241 Posts

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
Do you have any constructive comments what so ever or are you always this negative to everyone?

I for one am very happy someone took the time to get this done, finally. Good Job I hope you sell a boat load....

·
Registered
13,484 Posts
Do you have any constructive comments what so ever or are you always this negative to everyone?

I for one am very happy someone took the time to get this done, finally. Good Job I hope you sell a boat load....
I remember that too! But I guess with tuning available everything changes!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
How is our fuel economy effected...? Both the modded T/B & the new 84mm..? I'm in for either one of these, which ever one is best suited for my application.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
In talking with Dan last week, these new big cubed engines now qualify for a larger mm throttle body. A few years ago when I ran a stock boosted 5.7, he told me the same thing. I asked him to build me one, but Dan told me to save my money which I really appreciated.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Sign me up! My 5.9L loves the Fastman TB. Hopefully my Hemi will respond the same. I'll be calling you soon Dan.
My personal Fastman 84mm throttle body should be done very soon. It took a few start cycles for the PCM to figure it out, but I'm a happy camper for now.

Most you folks know that I'll never install a mod on my truck without expecting to see a gain. :rck:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.