DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is already listed in a new previous thread. i am new here.

i just recently purchased a 1999 dodge intrepid. i tried playing a burned cd in my cd player and it spits it back out and says error.

i was just curious if there is anyone out there with a 99 intrepid that found a cd-r/rw that worked in their car. because i would rather not have to buy a new cd player for my car.

thanks,
Dom from ROC, NY

· Registered
3 Posts
I have a 98 Intrepid and it does not play home burnt discs either. My buddy just bought a 98 Concorde and it does not play them either.

However, I added a 4 disc cd changer ( fits in the spot where the 'cubbyhole' is below radio) and it plays burnt discs fine. You can find the 4 disc changers on Ebay for about $50 if you are lucky.

I am upgrading to a 6 cd changer and so I will have the 4 disc for sale if you are interested.

Otherwise, you will have no choice but to upgrade to a better radio. The ones from a 2002 and up cars/trucks/vans fit, but they need an adapter to mate the old style harness to the new style connections. You can get this from your local Chrysler dealer. It is about $25. Part number 82207541

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.