DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple speakers that are blown in my truck and I was wondering what speakers would be good for the price. I want to have good bass and clarity as well. Also how many speakers total are there in a 1500 QC? I dont want to get any subs right now so Im just trying to figure out some good door speakers to get what I want.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
go for Kicker at your local best buy, they give out pretty good bass for door speakers and a pretty decent price. There is a total of 4 speakers and you can add 2 3.5 inch speakers in the dash if you dont already have them with the Infinity system.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didnt see any kicker speakers on best buys web site. Also what size speakers are up front and in the rear?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
not sure about the front but I know the rears are 5.25s. The kickers are also Dodges upgraded speakers they are producing now. Do a search and you might find them

·
Registered
117 Posts
Front is 6x9, but first off ditch the 6x9's. They are horrible speakers. Get some 6.5" components up front and either a mid driver or a regular set of coax's for the 5.25" rearfill. Too much in the rear will distort your soundstage in the front. You will need a small amp to run components though. I have recommended to other guys as I will you. CDT EF-61CF's are awesome speakers with a HUGE crossover. Internet price $400-$500. I know a guy that could prob do $200. They quality surpasses anything you get from most (I did say most) audio shops. Mainstream does not always equal good. Best subs RE, DD, AA. Cant get those at Best Buy :D

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
You can also easily fit 6 1/2's into the rear doors too of the QC, Alpine type-R's also sound reall nice to, but kinda pricy

-David

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i got Polk Audio 3way 6x9's in front and Polk Audio 5 1/4 in the rears, and they sound aweosme, i also have a Pioneer Head Unit. Got it at all Circuit City

·
Registered
117 Posts
Man I wish I lived close to you guys. Come March (Taxes come back) I am getting a Pioneer DEH-P7800MP head unit, the CDT components (6.5") for the front, 5.25" coax's for rear, and 2 of the Ascendant Audio Aresenals 12's for subs. The components alone are going to run off 300 watts RMS (front ones mounted in Fox's kick panels... YEAH) and another 1000 watts RMS for the subs. I would love for some of you to actually hear that kind of setup. It is mind blowing. Fox can you add anything to this

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is there power to the dash speakers with all the Dodge systems or do you need the Infinty 7 channel system to get power up there? Basically is their more than one amp used in these trucks?

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
300w RMS for 6 1/2'' componets!!?!?!?!?!?! thats SICK!! and 1000w RMS on the sub?!?!?!? sounds a little unbelieveable, but with my minimal knowledge of audio ill believe ya...

i wished i lived closer too bro, i would LOVE to hear that setup!!!

-David

·
Registered
117 Posts
Like I said man, mainstream is not always better. You can get much better stuff if you know where to go. This setup is like going to a rock concert and standing 5 ft from the PA. Perfect sound re-creation

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you want to keep it simple and still sound good, get these for the fronts
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRYSTAL-SSX692-...ryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I havent tried the 6x9s but have used many of the 6.5s in many cars for people. They are an awsome speaker for the money. Much nicer than the stuff you get at CC and BB.

PS if you want to read the specifics on these models, check here
http://www.crystalmobilesound.com/Soundstage.htm

PPS heres the 5.25s and 6.5s
http://cgi.ebay.com/Crystal-SSX510-...ryZ14941QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Crystal-6-5-2-W...ryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.