DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a bad afternoon/night, Trying to work on trying to get the radio to work, it did... but I couldn't get any speakers to work, and all the harnesses were there but some wire colors did not match at all, as anyone had this problem? any suggestions? im open for any

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Premium Audio? If you have tweeters than yes for sure. If you have a cd player than chances are yes too. Anyways the premium audio option adds an amplifier to the setup. The amplifier is located on the passenger side of the truck where the passengers feet would be. Behind the plastic kick panel closest to the passenger side of the truck.

Nothing you can really do to make that work if it doesnt. It is impossible to take out pretty much too! Check all your wires. There are a couple on the black harness that turn on the amp I think... Should be two harnesses. One grey and one black.

·
Harrison
2,103 Posts
Try cutting the mute wire, usually grey or brown on the harness. It worked on my last truck, and my jeep. I know it works on other makes that have the radio that won't work if it's stolen because your supposed to take it into the dealership to get the code to have it turned back on, but don't think Dodge is like that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yes it the amp. the truck has a factory amp like hommie said and on your new wire harness theres a blue wire that needs to be connected to your amp remote wire on the stereo I had the same exact prob with mine. no sound without attaching this wire. I'f I'm not mistakin i think it's tagged on the new wire harness as a power ant. yes stumped me too. could be mistakin again for there was two wires looked exactly the same exept for the writing on them. I almost returned the stereo and claimed it was broken lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to try some of the stuff that you said out today, and see what happens. I never attached the blue remote wire to anything, so I need to find out where that goes, and see what happens

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all fixed, totally was ez! kinda pissed that that's all it was

·
Registered
147 Posts
LOL yeah me too.. I had to call customer support from the stereo's manufacture when mine didn't work. that's how I found out. and by the sound I was getting before new stereo i never would have guess I had any thing resembling a factory amp go figure but glad we could all help ya out lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.