DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my '07 Ram about a year now. Its a 2wd quadcab with all season radials. My old truck, a '98 4x4 quadcab with A/T tires and 130K miles on it was quiter than my new Ram. Anyone else notice this on the newer Rams? I've had several people comment on it. It is very noticable. Anyone do anything about it?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
What kind of noise are you hearing? Road noise from tires, engine, exhaust, random things on the street.....?

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I went from an 04 qc to n 07 qc. I did not notice a difference in noise.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went from an '05 Jeep TJ to the '03 Quad 4X4 I have now, so I can't help compare Ram to Ram. I will say that the ram is much quieter than our '06 Hyundai Tiburon and '01 Chevy Blazer. After going from the stock 20" tires to the 20" Goodyear SilentArmors it got even quieter.

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
went from 02 Ram 4x4 quadcab 1500 to 07 Ram 1500 4x4 quadcab and think the 07 is actually quieter

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put this up in two different forums and so far it seems that my truck is the exception. To clarify, the noise level is greater all around. Mostly engine and road noise, as I do not hear any particular wind noise. The noise level increases with speed. What is noticed is that you can't hear the passengers speak without them raising thier voices a lot and that the aftermarket stereo was, well, a waste of money. This truck a lot louder than my last SLT. I wish I had something more definative when I return to the dealer. I can hear it now "We hear nothing unusual".

·
Believe in your smelf..
471 Posts
Did you buy your truck used? Maybe the last owner removed the insulation from under the carpet. I would check for that. You could always dynamat the interior. That would clear it right up. Also check to see if there are any holes from the jack stand mount that are open leading straight to under the truck. Mine was too loud with the intake so I took it off and went with a drop in K&N filter. Do you have a turn down for exhaust? If so, maybe extend it a little bit.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
What are your mods?? if any. Maybe there is a body plug missing from the firewall. Do you have a lot of wind noise also? If so maybe your doors are mis-aligned. If you bought used you may be driving a wreck...did you get a car fax?

Just some ideas. My 06 is nice and quit except for a little tire noise.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The truck was not a used vehicle, actually it was a special order. It's a quadcab, 4.7, SLT, with a 6 speed manual transmission. The only mopds would be an aftermarket stereo, line-x, entry bars, and a tonneau. No holes added for anything

·
Registered
42 Posts
I get alot of wind noise through mine... I had the dealer adjust the doors... made it alittle better but still loader than my gmc work truck....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Mine is loud around my tow mirrors from wind but thats all I hear really.... well and my exhaust now too...

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I've had 3 rams ('04, '05, '07), and my '07 is the quietest one so far. The '04 and '05 didn't sound any different from each other. This one is quieter, and smoother than they were.
The only noise complaint is when the radio is off, and I'm driving 50+ mph, you can hear a faint wind sound like something isn't completely sealed. Now of course I can still hear other traffic and stuff, it's not like I'm completely sealed off from all sounds, but there's no abnormal noises. I've very happy with my '07. You must have something wrong. Doors sound like they seem to be pretty common. I'd start with those.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.