DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had got some led lights from work and put them in and they flashed like strobe lights. it also messed with the truck the abs,chk eng light,and park brake light stayed on and the speedo stoped working so i put the factory bulbs back it and the lights went out its really wierd. its an 07 so i might be different than the old body style i dont know so some help would be nice

· Master Baiter
582 Posts
I don't know if the '07's use different bulbs, but I can tell you what I did on my '03 when I put in LED lights (learned it on here). The dome light on the '03 uses a 194 bulb....a small wedge base bulb. That one went in and worked with no problems. For my map lights on the overhead console, it uses festoon bulbs....the long glass tubes. With just the LED bulbs in there, they would strobe, and when off, they would still be faintly lit. I just put a small resistor across the bulb, from one end to the other, and it fixed the problem. :rck:

· myspot.org
211 Posts
I used the festoons. They work like factory as far as dimming and so on when the doors is open. But when I try to turn on one map light at a time nothing happens. Then I turn the other on at the same time, and its like a freaking night club. Nice bright strobing.....I hate it.

· Master Baiter
582 Posts
olegoat said:
I used the festoons. They work like factory as far as dimming and so on when the doors is open. But when I try to turn on one map light at a time nothing happens. Then I turn the other on at the same time, and its like a freaking night club. Nice bright strobing.....I hate it.
2 options.....
1) Put a resistor across the bulb from one end to the other.
2) Invite some hot chicks over, turn up the music, and party on. A stipper pole in the bed of the truck wouldn't hurt either. :D

· myspot.org
211 Posts
spinfreak said:
2 options.....
1) Put a resistor across the bulb from one end to the other.
I actually read that in another post. I tried but it still dont work.

spinfreak said:
2) Invite some hot chicks over, turn up the music, and party on. A stipper pole in the bed of the truck wouldn't hurt either. :D
:thatfunny

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.