DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have led light or neons in your trucks?? If so post some pics or some thing.. lol Or do most people here think that is to rice racer..

Willis

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm working on an LED setup for the interior right now. Just ordered the LED's on Ebay straight from Hong Kong. Should be here next week sometime. I'd be interested in seeing other people's setup though.

I plan to put lights in all these places:
-Above each floorboard
-Cubby
-above cupholders
-Inside center console
-Possibly inside vents....but I'm not too sure yet. I'll try it and see how it looks

If I get squirelly I may try to replace the bulbs behind the instrument panel/light switch/AC controls. I hear that's a bitch to get the lighting even though.

EDIT: All blue LED's for most of the interior. Super bright whites for the instrument panel

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Ive seen poeple do it and it looked pretty good. Its just not for me is all.The leds behind the grilles and the srt hoods look really cool I think.

I have led's in my cupholders and also 2 in my lil cubby hole in the dash. Just enough to provide a little light to see whats happening. :)

KB

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought some red LED's to light up the grill too....like I said, I'm not sure if I'm going to go with it...but I couldn't beat the price for them.

Kenny, do you know if lighting up the grill is legal? I know most states ban the underbody lighting (VA does...). Just curious

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I would imagine that any state that is is illegal to have underbody kits, that it would also be illegal to light up the grill. Luckily here it is not illegal and I have both in blue. I also have blue led's in the cubby and air vents.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I am pretty sure in CA I would get busted for doing that. Most times I think people just use them for show or when parked etc. BUt laws vary, so it would be wise to check, as ky doesnt seem to have a problem where he's at.

KB

·
Registered
174 Posts
KY-
Can you post pics of your vent with the LED's?

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
KB112 said:
I am pretty sure in CA I would get busted for doing that. Most times I think people just use them for show or when parked etc. BUt laws vary, so it would be wise to check, as ky doesnt seem to have a problem where he's at.

KB
Laws even vary from county to county sometimes around here when there is not a definate state laws on some things. My county is cool about everything. Never been stopped for blasting the stereo here, but the next county over will give you a $150 the first three times and take your equipment the fourth time. I was told by the local police dept that I could have all the lighst I wanted on the truck as long as they didnt flash or rotate while the vehicle was moving, if it was parked anything is good. They also told me that this was the law for our county, after I cross the county line all bets are off. But I have never had any trouble with the lights and police until I went down to Tennessee, then I was just told to leave them off until I hit the state line back into KY.

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
The same goes for Indiana (for the most part). Indianapolis is cool about it from what I can tell. I was hit a few times around the Evansville area a few years back for some purple neons that were visable through the windows and the cops thought they were blue....

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
KB112 said:
Ive seen poeple do it and it looked pretty good. Its just not for me is all.The leds behind the grilles and the srt hoods look really cool I think.

I have led's in my cupholders and also 2 in my lil cubby hole in the dash. Just enough to provide a little light to see whats happening. :)

KB
Like this? And yes they are illegal in PA. to have them on while on the road. I use them mostly for shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just put blue neon under my truck about two days ago....I'll have to get some pics tomarrow night

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
That looks familar!:D Damn. that's a good looking White truck with the purple glow next to yours in that one pic!;)

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
dale3fan3 said:
yeah it was almost as nice as mine:thatfunny
Yeah but yours would have looked better with smoked covers on the head lights!;)

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
mopar fan said:
Yeah but yours would have looked better with smoked covers on the head lights!;)
:nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :banghead: :banghead: :VHOT:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
dale3fan3 said:
:nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :buttkick: :banghead: :banghead: :VHOT:
:thatfunny I'm sorry!:D

·
Registered
384 Posts
2 neon tubes on the 15" sub box behind the seat.... get pictures later tonight.

still thinking on what else to do with it :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Sorry, but what kind of headlight covers are those?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.