DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way of changing the interior lighting of the Rams from the stock GREEN to a BLUE. I recently purchased a Pioneer DVD head unit that has a blue Lighting. I wanted the entire interior to be Blue.

Is this possible?

·
Been HEMIphied
1,933 Posts
If you are referring to the gage cluster, the green is an overlay on the back side of the cluster, so probably not.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Take your guage cluster off & see if you have colored or clear bulbs. If clear then no unless you could put colored bulb covers on & experiment with the outcome. I had to put 2 blue covers (one on top of the other) on my aftermarket gauges to get close to the factory "green" on my 01. Good Luck !!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Or you could get one of those aftermarket "flame" gauge clusters. I think some of them change the brightness intensity w/ the beat of the music. That would look cool.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I'm thinking he's talking about the overhead lights... like on the OHC and the cab light.

For that... maybe something from like a party place that sells a thin colored material you can put in there. The only other thing... is like on aftermarket gauges where it's a (lack of a better description) condom that rolls over it. I haven't seen it... but doesn't mean it's not out there for these type of lights.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Wasnt there a write up a while back on guys doing this. I could swear Happyhour and some others have done this stuff.

KB

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.