DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. I own a 2004 SE, enjoy it and now want to love it even more with some changes. I have read there is some compatibility with other Dodge & Chrysler cars, but have not found a defined list. So here are my plans and hopefully someone can assist me with the compatibility aspect on the first 2 items.. The other 3 items I'm needing assistance with references to parts that are needed.

• Folding rear seats with ability to reach trunk through arm rest: I know I need to change the seats themselves, but do I need other parts?
  • Change bench to powered buckets with center console: any ideas are welcomed I currently dislike the armrest with cup holder setup. Plus the driver seat is already powered.
  • Fog lights (I've found the info in topic: 2002 Intrepid ES Headlights/Fog.)
  • Trip system: parts?
  • Auto climate: parts?

Thanks for any help.

·
Official qwerty thief
2,319 Posts
well here we go, the comparable list would be the intrepid, concorde and 300M

1. im not sure about reaching thru the armrest part but as for th efolding seats you should need the seat snad the hinges for it just double check your mounts and what the folding ones have grab anything different.
2. fronts should be ok might have to take a look at where the y bolt i have buckets so i couldnt tellya, but alot of people do find the power wires there for the power seats if not simple enough its just a positive and ground, jsut make sure that you get both parts of the plug for removal purposes
3. can be done numerous ways
4. are you meaning the overhead? if so i did it in a dakota nad it was really simple once i foudn the how to jsut tap a efw wires i would assume the wiring is the same to the BCM but i would check first but al lyou really need is the electrical schematic of it.
5. i have it luckily but in another car i owned that didjnt have it they sad the amount of motors nad wiring you have to do is sickening, maybee someone could shed some light but i dotn beleive its worth it. althou it is nice.

somthing else to add to the list if youdont have it yet would be autostick, makes driving alot of fun and its easy to do

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. I own a 2004 SE, enjoy it and now want to love it even more with some changes. I have read there is some compatibility with other Dodge & Chrysler cars, but have not found a defined list. So here are my plans and hopefully someone can assist me with the compatibility aspect on the first 2 items.. The other 3 items I'm needing assistance with references to parts that are needed.

• Folding rear seats with ability to reach trunk through arm rest: I know I need to change the seats themselves, but do I need other parts?
  • Change bench to powered buckets with center console: any ideas are welcomed I currently dislike the armrest with cup holder setup. Plus the driver seat is already powered.
  • Fog lights (I've found the info in topic: 2002 Intrepid ES Headlights/Fog.)
  • Trip system: parts?
  • Auto climate: parts?

Thanks for any help.
You can get the folding rear seats and power heated seats out of an Intrepid ES or 300M/LHS, the plug for the power will be under the carpet in front, so thats plug and play...you'll have to run your own power for the heated part. They are direct bolt in. Center console and shifter can come out of any Intrepid with one, 98-04. You'll need a shifter cable and steering column trim also.

For the trip system--called EVIC since your an 04, you need the overhead unit, and the harness...you just plug it right into the fuse panel, there is a socket for it. You will have to trim your headliner to get it to fit.

Climate control -- requires removal of dash, and replacement of dash harness with one from a vehicle that had it...yours would need to come from an 02-04 LHS, Intrepid, Concorde, or 300M that had ATC. You also need the head unit, blower control module, and blower box harness.

You might as well add autostick while you are doing all that stuff...you'd need an autostick cluster, shifter, and bezel, and then run a couple wires for the shift sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can get the folding rear seats and power heated seats out of an Intrepid ES or 300M/LHS, the plug for the power will be under the carpet in front, so thats plug and play...you'll have to run your own power for the heated part. They are direct bolt in. Center console and shifter can come out of any Intrepid with one, 98-04. You'll need a shifter cable and steering column trim also.
I've been searching wildly for pictures and have found random interior shots.
I notice on the end of the center console there are vents. Is it safe to assume, that there is some duct running from front to rear in the console? You mention the shift cable and steering trim, so I'm assuming this is for the autostick conversion? I plan on converting to autostick, but I may as well do it now. My main concern with the rear seats is if there is a latch bracket? I would hate to get the reat seats and discover I need a bracket for the seats to latch in the up position. :YO:

For the trip system--called EVIC since your an 04, you need the overhead unit, and the harness...you just plug it right into the fuse panel, there is a socket for it. You will have to trim your headliner to get it to fit.
Since this is not part of the dash, I'm assuming that I could hold off on this until after changing the dash area, since the wiring just needs to be connected in the headliner?

Climate control -- requires removal of dash, and replacement of dash harness with one from a vehicle that had it...yours would need to come from an 02-04 LHS, Intrepid, Concorde, or 300M that had ATC. You also need the head unit, blower control module, and blower box harness.
By head unit, do you mean the dash component? So I only need the 3 parts for this mod?

You might as well add autostick while you are doing all that stuff...you'd need an autostick cluster, shifter, and bezel, and then run a couple wires for the shift sensor.
It seems, overall, that I do not that many additional parts. The breakdown seems to be:
Climate: 3 parts (dash component, blower control module and blower box harness)

EVIC: 2 parts (Unit and harness)

Autostick: 5 parts (Autostick cluster (dash gauge to remove the P R N D from the cluster?), shifter, bezel (center console piece with P N R D on it?), steering trim (due to remove of column shifter?), shifter cable)

Rear seats: 2 parts (seat backs and seat bottoms)

Power heated front seats: 4 parts (Each seat, harness and center console) So since my driver seat is already powered, I would only have to create my own power for the heat portion? What about the passenger side, since it is currently not powered?

Since these mods have been done before, are there any step-by-steps or guides for assistance? Also it seems that I just need to find all the parts from a 02-04 LHS/300M (since I prefer the 300M seats). Lastly, any idea what the colors the seats were avaliable in? Currently I have dark trim with charcoal seats. It charcoal the same as black or gray for these cars?

Thanks.

Daytrep, I noticed in a previous post of yours, you mentioned knowing someone that keep parts on hand with some of these mods. Could you help with some places that carry parts? I don't seem to be having any luck around San Antonio.

·
2.7 Trauma Surgeon
963 Posts
ziptrix said:
I've been searching wildly for pictures and have found random interior shots.
I notice on the end of the center console there are vents. Is it safe to assume, that there is some duct running from front to rear in the console? You mention the shift cable and steering trim, so I'm assuming this is for the autostick conversion? I plan on converting to autostick, but I may as well do it now. My main concern with the rear seats is if there is a latch bracket? I would hate to get the reat seats and discover I need a bracket for the seats to latch in the up position. :YO:
There is a duct that runs under the center console, or the carpet in a column shift car. The shift cables are different between column shift and floor shift, so you'll need them if you want to lose the column shift and go to floor shift. You'll need the steering column trim to cover the hole from the shifter.

You'll need the autostick shifter if you want autostick (02-04 year)..but the cables are the same as a regular floor shift--but different than column shift...lol.

The latches for the folding rear seats are built into the seats.

ziptrix said:
Since this is not part of the dash, I'm assuming that I could hold off on this until after changing the dash area, since the wiring just needs to be connected in the headliner?
Its very easy to install. You could do it before or after you pull the dash. Took me about an hour to install mine.

ziptrix said:
By head unit, do you mean the dash component? So I only need the 3 parts for this mod?
The head unit is the display that fits in place of your old 3 knob set up. That and the entire dash harness, heater box harness, and ATC control module--which goes in place of your blower resistor.

ziptrix said:
It seems, overall, that I do not that many additional parts. The breakdown seems to be:
Climate: 3 parts (dash component, blower control module and blower box harness)
And a complete dash harness from a vehicle that had ATC..

ziptrix said:
EVIC: 2 parts (Unit and harness)
Thats all, plugs right into the fuse panel.

ziptrix said:
Autostick: 5 parts (Autostick cluster (dash gauge to remove the P R N D from the cluster?), shifter, bezel (center console piece with P N R D on it?), steering trim (due to remove of column shifter?), shifter cable)
You'll need the center console too if your converting to floor shift...and new seats if you have a full bench in your car now.

ziptrix said:
Rear seats: 2 parts (seat backs and seat bottoms)

Power heated front seats: 4 parts (Each seat, harness and center console) So since my driver seat is already powered, I would only have to create my own power for the heat portion? What about the passenger side, since it is currently not powered?
Yeah, plugs will be under the carpet for the power seat, whether you have power now or not. If you dont have power, the plugs will just be laying there. You will have to run your own harness for the heat.

ziptrix said:
Since these mods have been done before, are there any step-by-steps or guides for assistance? Also it seems that I just need to find all the parts from a 02-04 LHS/300M (since I prefer the 300M seats). Lastly, any idea what the colors the seats were avaliable in? Currently I have dark trim with charcoal seats. It charcoal the same as black or gray for these cars?

Thanks.

Daytrep, I noticed in a previous post of yours, you mentioned knowing someone that keep parts on hand with some of these mods. Could you help with some places that carry parts? I don't seem to be having any luck around San Antonio.
Ill PM you an email address, I deal with a man in Canada that will have everything you need parts wise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.