DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I caught the bug and started changing again. Suede.... I will also be doing the carpeted area at the bottom of the doors and the headliner as well. Anyone know if our sun visors come apart like the 3rd gen rams? I would like to do those as well but dont want to screw them up if they do not come apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is exactly what I have been wanting to do to my truck.. I couldn't find any of the black alcantra (suede) locally so I picked up some black vinyl. I couldn't stretch it over that piece without any wrinkles in the fabric around the corners though. Any tips?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Just what I've been looking for!!! I knew someone besides me hated that crap carpet on the door pannels.

How in the world did you cover that? I've only had the pannels off once (to get to my speakers) - so I really don't remember what the back of the pannel looks like, how it's held on there, etc. Pointers..... PLEASE!!!

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the drivers side door was easy since that piece has been boke off before. Its held on with plastic welds (only way I can think to describe it). On the passenger door I just took out the dremel and ground off the plastic until I could pull the arm rest away from the door panel. After I covered it with the suede I used some stuff I got from Advanced Autoparts, its in a metal calking tube and its for sealing in windshields. So far its held in pretty well but I guess time will tell on that one.

I finished this little project off with covering the headliner and sun visors as well. I dont have a very good picture of all that just yet but I will get them up shortly.

·
Registered
150 Posts
thats awesome where is a good place to get fabric like that

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
I just did a similar thing in my Dakota R/T. I put in SRT4 seats and then matched the rest of the interior to them. There's a thread in this section called "Beauty is only skin deep, or is it? "Check it out and let me know what you think. Your's looks like it's going to be gorgeous when it's done. Was that suede expensive ?

·
What a ride...
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buzzbass said:
I just did a similar thing in my Dakota R/T. I put in SRT4 seats and then matched the rest of the interior to them. There's a thread in this section called "Beauty is only skin deep, or is it? "Check it out and let me know what you think. Your's looks like it's going to be gorgeous when it's done. Was that suede expensive ?
No, it was about $8 a yard. Its the Black Woven Suede. Now the real stuff that a whole other story..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.