DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering if it is worth spending $190 on a k & n typhoon intake for an increase of hp and acceleration for for 05 neon sxt. Now I heard rumors that the 03 - 05 neon computers will not register any increase in hp, just the intakes peppy noise.... these guys have told me not to bother because it would only yield about 1 hp increase instead of the 5 or 6 that the company advertises...

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
You can get a K&N typhoon on ebay for $170, shipped, save you $20. Or you can get a no name brand CAI off ebay for about $60 that will do exactly the same thing. Nearly all CAI's for 2nd Gens are true CAI's unlike the 95-99 neons where the only true aftermarket CAI's were the Iceman (which is awesome :rck: ) and the Kirk. All others were "warm air intakes". I would expect in the neighborhood of 2whp from a CAI on an 04-05 neon (NGC) from what I've heard from various people. The computer doesnt compensate for all power gains, but it does a pretty good job of surpressing a good portion.

Then again theres always the option of making your own CAI if you have some time and want to save some cash. Talk to hoodooguru about his custom CAI.

Good Luck.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Right! Any open filter intake will be loud. Before my recent exhaust mods I had an empty cat with a Camaro muffler. It wan't all that loud but alot more loud than stock. Even then the intake sound was louder than the exhaust. Now all I hear is the Flowmaster drone. LMAO

It would be easy as pie to make one for a second gen. Shoot straight to the inner fender! Or do like Hoodoo and get creative! You can see my set up in my gallery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.