DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread about the exhaust from aeroturbine, and now I'm ready for my intake! I'm really looking for a good intake and throttlebody spacer. I really want the whistle that the throttle body gives. I would like to keep my intake hat and I know that it must come off for some of the intake kits. I like the AEM Brute Force but I was told that the K&N 77 with a poweraid spacer is the best gain in performance and insane whistle. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

Attachments

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
I had the Poweraid throtle body spacer and I had to take it off because the damn whistle was too loud for me. I have the K+N FIPK 2 intake with the spacer and it all fit with no issues at all.

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When was the whistle to loud? Upon Accel, or just the whole time? i mean i like a little whistle but not to the point of annoying

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was also looking at the S&B intake kit. On this site http://www.motoblue.com/ramhemisnb.htm They claim 18 hp! and no removal of the intake hat that Says HEMI. What do you guys think? Bogus?

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Sprocket said:
I had the Poweraid throtle body spacer and I had to take it off because the damn whistle was too loud for me. I have the K+N FIPK 2 intake with the spacer and it all fit with no issues at all.
even though the whistle was too loud for you, was the spacer worth it, and did you loss any fuel economy.

thanks nick

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
Jimmy TJ said:
If you like the AEM setup, I really suggest taking a look on EBay. There are AEM knock-off intakes on there that look exactly like the AEM setup, and cost 1/3 the price. I have one and its great. It includes a TBS aswell. I paid around $90.00 shipped for it.

This is the kit I have. Its cheaper then what I paid too :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-0...tegoryZ38634QQihZ006QQitemZ160041167180QQrdZ1

Your right...Its pretty much looks the same.....Heres my AEM setup!!!!
I would skip the Throttle body spacer and just buy a 68.5mm Throttle body from The Fastman.....way better.
Edit: I forgot to add with the Fastman Throttle body and an Intake you will get whistle like you want. Mine makes all kinds of racket....I love it.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
daze513 said:
I was also looking at the S&B intake kit. On this site http://www.motoblue.com/ramhemisnb.htm They claim 18 hp! and no removal of the intake hat that Says HEMI. What do you guys think? Bogus?
MotoBlue is FULL OF CHIT with all there claims in Horse power...they say there wires for the hemi will give you 15hp.......so full of chit. Sorry not a fan of MotoBlue........that just how I feel!!!!

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well thats good that you tell me this because i have no prior experience with these people. i just saw the site and those HP claims are awesome if they are true. But whats your opinion on that intake? Is there Better?

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
what Throttle body spacer would you guys recomend. are they worth it.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
no they are not worth anything but if u get the aem kit or the ebay one thats the same thing without the brand name they come with one at no additional fee

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
nickd907 said:
what Throttle body spacer would you guys recomend. are they worth it.
Skip that you'll be better off getting the fastman throttle body 68.5mm. You will get more hp gain with that. Sorry Im repeating myself guys. Forgot what I had wrote above......

·
Absolutely
6,742 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
Skip that you'll be better off getting the fastman throttle body 68.5mm. You will get more hp gain with that. Sorry Im repeating myself guys. Forgot what I had wrote above......
any loss or gain in fuel economy, did you notice the performance gain?

thanks nick

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
nickd907 said:
any loss or gain in fuel economy, did you notice the performance gain?

thanks nick
Fuel Economy__Gain 1.5mpg(depends on your foot too): Performance__Cant feel a whole lot on the butt dyno but the truck was alot more peppy. When you have a 5000Lbs truck (like stated before on this site) 4 to 8 hp is not going to slam you back in your seat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
Fuel Economy__Gain 1.5mpg(depends on your foot too): Performance__Cant feel a whole lot on the butt dyno but the truck was alot more peppy. When you have a 5000Lbs truck (like stated before on this site) 4 to 8 hp is not going to slam you back in your seat. Hope this helps.
Wasinger12, remember daze513 and nickd907 have the hemi motor. The tb will provide very little gains for them. Unlike our motors.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
krs said:
Wasinger12, remember daze513 and nickd907 have the hemi motor. The tb will provide very little gains for them. Unlike our motors.
Wow.....you are correct...and I even talked crap about motoblue's wires. Not sure where my head was. Sorry guys he is correct.

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey thats ok. so maybe the numbers on that moto blue site may be correct?

·
Love Looking Good
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Thats a good intake from what I've heard. That one and airram's are the only one that have that setup where the filter is in that location. But most people prefer airram's intake on here due to the insulation and size of the piping. Overall you wont see that much gains just from an intake. Personally I would buy the one like Jimmy TJ for about $90.00 and get a superchips or wait a few months for the other compaines that out coming out with their version of the chips.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Wasinger12 said:
Wow.....you are correct...and I even talked crap about motoblue's wires. Not sure where my head was. Sorry guys he is correct.
I am the same way with motoblue myself. I think their dynos are bogus with their parts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.