DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I looked around a bit but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Recently the problem is showing it's ugly head more and more frequently.
While driving, for no reason at all, the wipers wipe once, tach and speedo go to 0, all dash warning lights turn on, warning ding is audible. Engine continues to run without any issue. Some of the research I found said to check the battery and clamps. I found the negative clamp was loose. I tightened it until the nut snapped and the clamp still wasn't tight. Battery was original, so I bought a new battery and clamps for both the + and - sides. Took a 5 mile trip and condition occurred 3 times. I'm thinking next to change the cables themselves. Anything else I should check or replace? Anyone else have this issue? I thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Replaced the TIPM yesterday, no change. I probably should have changed the battery cables first, but most information I found on the internet pointed towards the TIPM.
If you installed another used TIPM from a salvage yard, you very well could have just reinstalled the exact same problem. If you installed a new one, it's probably time to take the vehicle to a competent shop that can do actual diagnostic work. A bad alternator, bad grounds, multiple modules, shorted wiring, broken wiring, faulty wire terminals, the wiper motor or switch, the cluster, the CAN network, or even corrupted software in a module covers most of the things it could be causing your problems. Throwing parts at it gets pricy fast. Start doing research on competent shops in your area so the money you spend has value in that the car gets diagnosed and repaired on the first try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I looked around a bit but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.
I have a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT. Recently the problem is showing it's ugly head more and more frequently.
While driving, for no reason at all, the wipers wipe once, tach and speedo go to 0, all dash warning lights turn on, warning ding is audible. Engine continues to run without any issue. Some of the research I found said to check the battery and clamps. I found the negative clamp was loose. I tightened it until the nut snapped and the clamp still wasn't tight. Battery was original, so I bought a new battery and clamps for both the + and - sides. Took a 5 mile trip and condition occurred 3 times. I'm thinking next to change the cables themselves. Anything else I should check or replace? Anyone else have this issue? I thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
I had that problem..instrument panel went nuts. Started with wiper issue. Dealer had it for 3 days and finally found a wire in rear of van had burned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I should have replied sooner. It appears that the right door module was the culprit. Replaced that and everything is working as it should. It took a few days for the garage to diagnose the exact module that was causing the problem.

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts