DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son drove the Ram to work the other night (With a total of over 48" of snow in less than a week, he couldn't drive his car! :ugh ), and called me to say there were no instrument lights. :huh: Yes, he tried the dimmer switch, no good. I checked it over this evening (Been sick :YUK:) and found:

1) Instrument Lamps are indeed out,
2) Fuses are good,
3) The Fog lamp indicator light now comes on when the HL's/PL's are on. Pull the switch out to turn on the FL's and the indicator goes out :dunno:

Sounds to me like the Headlight switch may have gone bad? Thoughts/suggestions? :help:

·
Every Time
336 Posts
check the 15amp "park lamp" fuse in the underhood fuse box!! this exact same thing happened to me, turned out a bare wire from my new radio popped it

·
Every Time
336 Posts
BTW: the fuse in the cab for the instrument lights also feeds your cup holder lights, ashtray lights and i believe the over head lights

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought about the underhood fuse box, I'll check it out. The dome lights do come on, but I didn't check the cupholder and ash tray lights. As far as I can tell, besides the Fog Lamp indicator the only light on the dash that seems to work is the Heated Mirrors indicator. I can't believe that all of the instrument lights burned out at the same time, especially since the "Idiot lights" all seem to work. It seems odd that all of a sudden the Fog Lamp indicator comes on when the FL's are off, and goes out when they are on.

Thanx for the help and and keep the thoughts and ideas coming!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it's fixed. :worthy: Thanx to TxBlue5.9 for the idea about the parking lamp fuse, that's what it was :bawl:. BTW, on my '99 the fuse is in the block inside the cab, not under the hood. Thanx again!!! :rck:

·
Every Time
336 Posts
glad i could help. wanted to save you the 4 hours it took me to figure it out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.