DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if there are any tricks to removing front dash piece without breaking anything, or if there's anything I need to know after that.

·
Jason
3,866 Posts
Assuming yours is the same as mine... there's 2 screws in the cup holders, 2 screws in the ash tray. If you have a tilt steering wheel, put it all the way down. Also if you got the auto, put it in 1st. After the screws are out, gently pull on it, it should pop out. It'll take a little work to get past the wheel, but it will. Be careful of the cigarette lighter and aux port. You will have to dissconnect them before the dash comes out. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
95 Posts
What kind of truck, i have a 98 Ram qc and the dashboard board bezel i'll call it Just pulls off, but first there is a small screw in the top "power source" the cig lighter thingy up top, and unplug the plug that goes into the power source, thats about it, then take the black piece off the cluster, just pulls out, then unscrew the cluster and the cluster just pulls straight out, on the bottom right where the shift ind connects is two philips head screws and take the entire piece out, Hopefully this is some help

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
Puma said:
Sorry, 2000 Dodge Ram 2500
then its just like ramtough924 said. One screw by the power outlet and the rest pops off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, so I failed in a few ways. I took it all apart with many very minor complications (induced by me). After awhile I got the cluster out and found the hardest part was replacing the bulbs. I have no idea how to remove the bulbs from they're "socket". I got one of them out and replaced with blue, but had a suspicion I broke it, so I took put all OEM bulbs back and hooked it up. Sure enough, no blue. Also my gear display is off by two gears and the (P,R,N,D,2,1) piece is not secured and just kind of... sitting there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't believe the bulbs come out, the bulb and the base are one piece. I'm putting blue led bulbs in my dash and i'm winning 100 bases off ebay really cheap if any body needs some, there's about 5 hours left and they should be mine. If i win them and any one needs some make me an offer and they are yours, i only need 10 or so.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well i didn't win the auction for the bases but i sent the winner an email to see if he will sell some of them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I contacted the winner of the last auction and he sold me 25 bases, i got an email from the original seller with a second chance offer for 100 more, does anyone else need or want any of them? I can get them pretty cheap so i could sell some for around 75 cents apiece plus whatever shipping would be, if not i probably won't buy them. Let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.