DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am going to the exhaust shop tomorrow. They are puttin on a Magnaflow Y-pipe and they are cutting off my exhaust pipe and dumping them under my truck. What do u guys think? Will it be any louder? Thanks in advance.

BB

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
i have my stock exhaust dumped after the axle, no resonator, and really like it!!

·
You Seen it Here 1st.
394 Posts
Dont waste your money on a Y-pipe, go ahead and get a x-pipe run duals into 2 flows and dump them. I did it on mine, and noticed a huge power gain.. I ended up running 2 side exit pipes, cause it got a lot louder when I droped my truck.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
harley_sr said:
Dont waste your money on a Y-pipe, go ahead and get a x-pipe run duals into 2 flows and dump them. I did it on mine, and noticed a huge power gain.. I ended up running 2 side exit pipes, cause it got a lot louder when I droped my truck.
I dont want it that loud... This is just temporary until i get my headers and electric cutouts. Post some pic of ur set up im interested in how u got it to fit?

BB

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i have put about 200 miles on my new exhaust today. I still kept my muffler (magnaflow) and I cut off my old tail pipes and now i have two turn downs. Then i got the guys to mold in a magnaflow Y-pipe from the cats back. And this made a huge difference!! I can tell a real gain in power and this thing sounds really mean. Now the exhaust really turns heads. And on my way home i was running next to what looked like a 88 5.0 mustang and we were rolling about 20 and we both mashed it and we went up to about 70 and i was a good car length ahead of him. He gave me a nod and a wave and went his own way. This thing really hauls butt now. The combination I have now is really working for me!! I wish I would have gone this route the first time!! oh well, you live and learn. Hope this will help some people thought. I will try to get some pic of the new system when I get my camera back.

BB

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
HemiRamOn20s said:
Well i have put about 200 miles on my new exhaust today. I still kept my muffler (magnaflow) and I cut off my old tail pipes and now i have two turn downs. Then i got the guys to mold in a magnaflow Y-pipe from the cats back. And this made a huge difference!! I can tell a real gain in power and this thing sounds really mean. Now the exhaust really turns heads. And on my way home i was running next to what looked like a 88 5.0 mustang and we were rolling about 20 and we both mashed it and we went up to about 70 and i was a good car length ahead of him. He gave me a nod and a wave and went his own way. This thing really hauls butt now. The combination I have now is really working for me!! I wish I would have gone this route the first time!! oh well, you live and learn. Hope this will help some people thought. I will try to get some pic of the new system when I get my camera back.

BB
so you account this to your new magnaflow y-pipe and magnaflow muffler correct? hehe where do i get this from man? i know it's around $150 last time i checked.
This is my plan. Sawzaw my cats (illegal i know)replace it with pipe, magnaflow y-pipe, and everything else stock.

btw, get some pics. i want to see how you did it.

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
Yea i was wondering the same?? Where and how much do the y pipes or x pipes cost for these trucks.. Getting one does it remove the cats or no..

Willis

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
03dodge said:
Yea i was wondering the same?? Where and how much do the y pipes or x pipes cost for these trucks.. Getting one does it remove the cats or no..

Willis
getting one doesn't remove the cats but you'll have to weld the new y-pipe on.

·
Slow 4.7 club
803 Posts
That would not be a problem as lon as the cats are still there.. So is there a performance improvement installing the y pipe or is t just for sound?? i know when i put the X-pipe on my stang i got a little out of it but i also removed the cats..

Wills.

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
03dodge said:
That would not be a problem as lon as the cats are still there.. So is there a performance improvement installing the y pipe or is t just for sound?? i know when i put the X-pipe on my stang i got a little out of it but i also removed the cats..

Wills.
Installing an off road X-pipe on your stang gained you 10rwhp believe it or not. I did dyno runs with an o/r h-pipe so i know.
Y-pipe will give you added performance but not as much as say an "o/r x-pipe" take the cats off and get o2 simulators for the check enginelight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.