DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Mopar 4" oval nerfs and I can't for the life of me figure out how those little oval tab pieces that hold the brackets to the underside of the body are supposed to be installed.

They slide right into the oval hole in the underside of the truck right where the instructions say to put them, but they just keep spinning when I try to tighten them down.. there is nothing for the little tab to catch on to allow me to tighten down the bolt.

Anyone have any ideas?!!?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I had them installed at the dealer( free with purchase )so sorry I can't help you out.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
You have to apply a little pressure down on the bars to create leverage so the tabs won't spin. Took me a while to figure that out too ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DeputyRAM said:
You have to apply a little pressure down on the bars to create leverage so the tabs won't spin. Took me a while to figure that out too ...
I though of that.. but then I told myself there is no way that an automotive engineer would design something like that... LOL.. Guess I was wrong, thanks for the reply... :rck:

One thing I really liked about the Mopar nerfs is since they mount to the underside of the body, they will move up if you do a body lift, where some of the other brands that mount to the underside of the body mount, you will get a huge gap if you do a body lift.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would also suggest that before actually mounting the Mopar side steps and brackets to take the bolts and mounting (flat) washers and thread into each other to remove any new paint on the bolts and washers before mounting. This will allow them to "catch" and thread easier when actually mounting. Installation is a breeze after that.....perfect fit and look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.