DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
questions is why hasn't the fallowing been done? Cases are found in junk yards cheap, rebuild kits and converters are cheap. Controllers are 6-700.
the selling point is..........easily handle 7-800 hp and torque. so what like $23-2500, tops?

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Plus bell housing adapter, plus new cross-member and mounts, plus driveshaft, plus the engine controller missing it's expected trans. signals, etc...... Even transplanting this into a Chev 1/2 ton is a lot of work.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I think that BJB (Brian) the guy with the SRT8 Jeep had one traplated in his Jeep and paid like $10,000 for the upgrade. PPP should know how much it would cost cause I think they might have done a couple if I'm not mistaken.

·
Banned
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pcm $150 ebay
tune=coincidental (already needed it)
trans=500 ebay, junk yard, ls1 tech
cross member? 1-200 local fab shop
adapter=400
drive shaft=300
tci trans controller = 650
rebuild and converter = 1000
so more like 3k? and a trans You control

okay so I was off buy a little bit and I'm sure there are a few more minor things that eat up the budget as well. It just seamed odd that it hasn't been discussed very much.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Or, just keep the 545rfe and use an aftermarket controller to have a trans You control, also. It doesn't make sense to start mixing up manufacturers unless the goal is a full blown tube chassis setup. The 545 is plenty strong, just Dodge's programming sucks huge ****.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Has anyone used an aftermarket trans controller on the 545 yet? Looks like I need a new pcm anyway, so maybe I can look into doing this to my truck. I pretty much hate not having trans control.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
AVSFAN on HTC tried one out with horrible results. It's only going to be as good as your tuner. The transmission is fully electronic and with a standalone trans controller, you'll have to data log and make adjustments with your laptop. I was looking into a Power Train Controll Solution's cause I believe I can get a base tune for one. Darell-n has checked into another brand, but I can't remeber which one.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I was looking into trans controllers a bit back. Then Diablo came out. I thought the trans would be fully configurable via Diablo. Looks like not so much.

Johan told me that there is over 200+ different varabiles that can be adjusted for almost any feel. The few feels I want, we cannot figure out. So far all I have done is increased line pressure. Hemifever was working with a few people to figure out the partial thorttle trans controls. So far no go. I have been waiting for that to adjust partial gears to minimize the manifold vac dropping because of high engine load in low gears.(closes surge valve @ low speed) After somone figure that out I will go for the 2p delete.

I agree that the 545rfe can be strong enough for 400 rwhp with the correct programming and I belive thats the case without the clutch upgrades. Time will tell with Diablo. Its like the 5th gear was left out of the programming or something.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I don't know why Diablo, doesn't just get an SC and do a little reverse engineering, to at least see what parameters they changed.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
if I was going to spend the money to do any kind of conversion like that it would be to a 5 or 6 speed stick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.