DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had time today to install my roadmater help spring for the rear suspention today. truck drives great now that i have it in. but i did notice that it kind sits higher in the rear now. is this true or am i seeing things? im lanning on adding 35' inch tire and a t-bar crank so any advice would be great thank you

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill take one tomorrow. i also just talked to my buddy and he said 35' inch tires messes up the trannys and that i should go 33' inch tires insted. true or what?

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
i have the truck levled with Ready Lift torsion keys, Procomp shocks upfront and Bilsteins in the rear,along with the Roadmaster active suspenison in the rear, rides awesome, used to have wheel hop/axel wrap real bad before the roadmaster springs where isntalled, not now, no more hop. Trucks rear looked the same to me, didnt notice it any higher.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do u have 35' inch tires and why did u go with two differant shocks is there a reason. im only asking because im planning on doing all this and im trying to get ideas and such.

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
fannitti said:
what do u have 35' inch tires and why did u go with two differant shocks is there a reason. im only asking because im planning on doing all this and im trying to get ideas and such.
yes, i have 35's, 34.5, is what BFG says actually, i had bilsteins all around, but had to go with longer shocks upfront when i got the new ReadyLift keys, so they ordered some e3000 Procomp shocks, and the ride is awesome.

· Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea someone told me 35 inch tires arnt good for gas trucks messes up the tranny u might have to regear and all that stuff but i dont know if thats true.

· 2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,645 Posts
this is directly from 05ramtoughhemi's sig

Procomp/Bilstein shocks
Front-Procomp ES3000
Rear-Bilstein BE5-2550-H1

· Registered
2,639 Posts

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
yeah, 35's are fine on the tranny, aint gotta hurt a thing imo. The Procomp shocks in the front work perfectly, no bottoming out at all, i believe they about 1" or so longer than stock, awesome ride, the part # i have for them is 318553.

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
fannitti said:
yea someone told me 35 inch tires arnt good for gas trucks messes up the tranny u might have to regear and all that stuff but i dont know if thats true.
if ya happen to lose some performance from adding the tires, regearing would be good to make it more like stock again, thats about it, but its not gonna hurt anything, i dont have a programmer, all i have an AFE intake and Borla exhaust, and i can spin the tires eassy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.