Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I installed the intake I got off of e-bay for $45. It's a 2 piece aluminum intake with a cone filter. Eventually I will get a Vararam, but for $45 this was a fun little project and an excuse to get outside. If I get any better MPG or performance or even a cooler sound, then I'm all for it.

I took a TON of pictures thinking that I would do a write-up, but it's really just so simple that would be overkill. If anybody has questions then let me know and I'll help out.

One thing to point out - the plastic bracket that holds the stock air box NEEDS to come out if you want to put a big cone filter in there - Or you have to be a tetris master. I was going to keep it on because I didn't mind it being there, but it had to come off which is a pain because two of the bolts are on the underside which means the wheel well had to come off. Again not a huge deal but sort of a pain.

I will let you guys know how I feel about it after I actually get to drive the truck (company coming over tonight have to / had to clean after doing the install).

Here are some pics (and yes, I like zip-ties...)

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
Do you feel any difference yet?

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
My advice before that filter rusts.. like mine did - go by a K&N one. I got that same filter and it rusted big time!

·
dodge this
269 Posts
looks good mod

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
locogk
5,864 Posts
i have heard that about zip ties i noticed a BIG difference when i put my power wire on and i used a zip tie to attach it to a hold down clip and i know the power wire didnt make the difference the zip ties did

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
How is it? Looks good :tup:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well after a few quick rides to be perfectly honest, I don't notice it. On WOT I can feel maybe just a TAD more responsiveness, and a BIT more sound, but really not much. I think the programmer + the exhaust really do the work - even if the intake were making a small difference, it wouldn't be enough for me to notice. Maybe I'll get better MPG - I'll find out soon enough. At least it cleans up the engine bay a little!

Eventually I'm gonna get a Vararam, but like I stated before, for $45 I'm happy with the purchase, and it was still a fun easy project.

zip ties rule - the first time I used them for automotive use was to hold the actuators for the secondary ports open 100% of the time on my RX-7's! :rck:

·
Shut up and drive!
2,904 Posts
You may notice a bit more if you remove the hemi hat and mod the rest of you cai. that hat is restrictive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.