DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i got meh new halo lights:rck: ... getting ready to put em in, but... getting the stock main light off (passenger side), theres a little screw with an allen head on it... so, i bust out meh allen wrenches to get it off, but 9/64 is too big and 1/8 is too small... is there a size inbetween i need to use, or am i not using the right wrench? :help: :help:

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
sure it's not a torx bit?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*stares....* se halblar ingles, por favor... it could be a torx bit (whatever the hell that is) ... i looked at the same screw on the drivers side and noticed that the pattern in the head was different.. looks like ill be going to autozone again...

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
look at the bolts on your TPS, or MAP sensor...or any sensor on the throttle body. Those are torx bits....#15 if I'm not mistaken.
It would be a good investment to get a set of torx sockets or drivers. They come in handy when working on 2nd gen trucks (such as servicing the tranny).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just as a finished readning that second post, dad turns around in his chair and says "i bet those are torx screws..." lol.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
:D been there before

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
now ive got another issue... me and dad went to checker autoparts, got a small set of torx bits and a repair manual for Chrysler vehicles, it covers 97-00 machines, including my beloved Beastie... now i think the screw i was looking at was the up/down adjuster screw... *needs to figure out where the mounting screws are*

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok... we got one of the lights out, putting the new one in...so, now i need to figure out where to wire the LEDs... HELP!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
yea...the screws with the torx heads are to aim your headlights. all you need is a screw driver to get em out.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
ok... we got one of the lights out, putting the new one in...so, now i need to figure out where to wire the LEDs... HELP!!!
if you have a soddering (sp?) gun or a dencent terminal crimp set, just splice into the leads on the headlight bung.
edit: a multimeter would be helpful too. if you don't have one, get any 12v bulb and fabricate a holder with 2 wires, this way you can tell if you have power to the circuit you are testing.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Soldering :)

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
Soldering
thanks, funny that something I do almost daily I can't spell. :SPIN:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
still cant figure out how to put the damn light in... looks like the only way to put the lights in is to take the bumper off... amazingly, my truck is part metric... me and dad have tried everything to get the bolts for the bumper off. even a breaker bar couldnt get enough leverage... we couldnt find a 12v impact wrench either....

edit: also, when i plugged the main light thingie from the Beast into the main socket on the halo lights, my high and low beams reversed... Oo;

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well.. im putting the Beast into my buddies shop tomorrow morning... hes gonna charge me for it (there goes $200 for my Gixxer ;-; ), but it will be less than the autobody place i was going to go to.. will get pix after i find my camera :rck:

·
Registered
54 Posts
most all the bolts are metric or torx, even though some 11/16 and 3/4 wrenches will work. bumper bolts are 18 mm, which is not included in most standard sets (17 and 19). when i straightened up my bumpers it took a lot of pb blaster penetrating oil and a piece of pipe on a breaker bar to get them loose. In fact, most all those bigger bolts take a cheater pipe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.