DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a 250 mile ride today. Ram was really riding great. I stopped a a rest stop and when restarting, the Ram hesitated and threw a CEL. Back on the highway and it would not go into overdrive (automatic). Stopped the truck and sat for 15 minutes, restarted and it drove normally for the next 90 miles.

Got home, scanned the codes---P0700 and other codes about line pressure in the transmission.

The truck has sat for 3 hours now and I checked the tranny fluid, there is too much in there. Could that have caused this situation?

Input appreciated

2006 Ram 4x4 QC 5.7

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Every thread I have seen with that p0700 in the trans has not had a cheap or good outcome.

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
My truck through a P0700 transmission control system and P0750 LR solenoid circuit. The deal put in a new solenoid pack and I gave them 700 bucks. To this day I'm suspicious that the Superchip cause the problem. Was kind of weird that the tranny did this about 6 miles after installing the new update.

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
you running that new Sharadon tranny?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Too much fluid? Have you added fluid latley? The proper way to check your fluid is warm, while the truck is running and parking brake on, shift down to everygear then back to neutral, leave in neutral and turn the truck off. now check the level, pull the dipstick out and wipe off, reinstall and remove..now you have a true level. Note the color. Only use the required Mopar or maybe AMSoil. Oh dodge says to use the transfliud in the powersteering too.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Too much fluid? Have you added fluid latley? The proper way to check your fluid is warm, while the truck is running and parking brake on, shift down to everygear then back to neutral, leave in neutral and turn the truck off. now check the level, pull the dipstick out and wipe off, reinstall and remove..now you have a true level. Note the color. Only use the required Mopar or maybe AMSoil. Oh dodge says to use the transfliud in the powersteering too.
That is the right way to check the fluid. I bet you have to much cause you didn' thave the TC full.

·
Registered
601 Posts
My truck through a P0700 transmission control system and P0750 LR solenoid circuit. The deal put in a new solenoid pack and I gave them 700 bucks. To this day I'm suspicious that the Superchip cause the problem. Was kind of weird that the tranny did this about 6 miles after installing the new update.
I'm guessing you were out of warranty when this happened?

·
MOPAR OR NO CAR
674 Posts
ya warranty was out

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
p0700 is a generic trans code showing that there is a code stored in the tcm, i believe.

·
Chad Loves His Hemi
447 Posts
Sorry to hear.. Tranny Problems suck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.