DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I brought my 05 sxt to my mechanic and he told me that I have a bad driver's side inner tie rod (he's a friend of the family so I know he's not just out for money). The problem is that I've called everywhere to find one and no one seems to have a listing for an 05. They have listings from 00-03. I even resorted to calling the dealership where I bought the car from and they only offer the whole rack assembly which is $415 + shipping and way more money than I'm looking to spend. I also asked them if the earlier years were compatible and they informed me that only 04-05 are compatible. This leads me to my problem. Anyone out there know of any place that has them?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I assume you are beyond your warrenty right? All parts are compatable for 2000-2005.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, about 8k out of warranty. Are you sure the parts are compatible? The guy at the dealership told me it was only 04-05 and then told me I should try looking for something aftermarket. He even gave me the name of a local parts store. Doesn't sound like someone who is trying to squeeze money out of me. It's not a part that I really want to chance, you know.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I've not heard of any differences in 2nd gen neons except between r/t's acr's and srt-4's. I'm pretty sure all 2000-2005 standard neons are the same parts all the way around except for external cosmetic differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.