DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*forgot to note - I have Googled and searched here and still haven't come up with an answer. Hope someone can set me straight*

I am looking to add an inline pump, specifically Edelbrock's 2-5psi inline fuel pump, to replace my mechanical pump for ease of starting. In the instructions, it says to put it at the *bottom* of the tank or as close to the lowest part as possible. For my 1975...that's floating in the air. If I just put it on the frame rail, I should be good, right? It said it needs to be close to tank also, which is no problem, but I'm having trouble with the whole "bottom of the tank."

Even the older guys at O'Reilly's couldn't tell me for sure. (Running out of good, experienced folks behind counters these days.)

Should I take a chance and just do it? Instructions even warned me the pump would wear out if I didn't do that.

Here is a link to the instructions: https://edelbrock-instructions-v1.s3.amazonaws.com/edelbrock/17303.pdf

·
Registered
267 Posts
These pumps have limited priming ability, which is why they want you to mount it as low as possible. If the frame rail is as low as you can get it, that should work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here's my very poor design work but if you can see where ever the fuel lines come out of the gas tank through the floor pan then you should be able to get right close to the frame rail and put that pump there. You definitely want to put some rubber probably quarter inch thick rubber mounting pads it can be anything that's going to absorb the vibration so that it will last longer and definitely run quieter. I have a 79 with the big giant plastic tank under the bed and on the passenger side frame rail below the level of the gas tank I mounted an aeromotive unit without the rubber gaskets and it was super loud and it shortened the life considerably. Before it died on me I found some perfect rubber pieces at at this weird hardware store and it was so quiet I couldn't hear it running. Of course a few months later it died! Lesson learned!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts