DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to upgrade my injectors to fms ones with 4 holes for better spray and better response. my mods so far are ip stage iii, magnaflow 3 inch catback, superchips programmer, iat adjuster and mopar coated headers. what size are the stock injectors and what is a good upgrade. can i get low mileage navigator/expo injectors and pop them in?

thanks
Randy

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
you may be able to. i know there are some applications where you can use a mustang cobra's high flow injectors in a chevy application, but i'm not sure. you may be able to cross reference them through jegs. i know they sell high flow injectors and may be able to help you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I think our stock injectors are 19 lbs. I have a set of flowbenched FMS 24 lb. injectors, but I haven't installed them yet, but supposedly they are a good size. I think the Navigator injectors are 24 lbs. but you may want to ask about that.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
You can't simply install higher flow (24lb) injectors without the proper management system. You will not have the correct metering. Yes Ford Motorsport injectors can be used. You'd have to verify the applicable years. The connectors on the Ford injectors did change.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, I haven't installed mine because I am not anywhere close to needing them at the moment. I am doing a ATI Procharger set up and wanted to have the injectors on hand for when I actually do put on the supercharger. On stock boost, it is advisable to run 24 lb. injectors, but if I go higher I have to get bigger ones. This is according to Dan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.